Sunday, February 11, 2024

Dreams

 Not being able to sleep through the night is a habit I've fallen into. Another sporadic one is having short dreams just before I wake. It happened again this morning.

In the dream, I was walking down a street passing by a restaurant. As I approached the big picture window, I glanced to the left to look and I saw my son Eric sitting at at table. He turned and saw me at the same time. As I turned to open the door, he got up to meet me. I was so happy to see him and just then I woke up. I tried to go back to sleep, to recapture that moment, but I couldn't do it. It made me a little sad for a while, but I recovered before Joan woke up.

After a breakfast of granola and yogurt, I packed up the two boxes of pictures to send back to the U.S. When it was all done, I discovered two more boxes under our bed that I had forgotten about. So, I had to open both boxes again, sort the new batches of found pictures, and repack the boxes. Now, it's just a matter of getting the postal and customs forms to fill out and ship the boxes. I will do that this week.

 Niezdolno艣膰 do przespania ca艂ej nocy to nawyk, w kt贸ry wpad艂em.Innym rzadkim zjawiskiem s膮 kr贸tkie sny tu偶 przed przebudzeniem. Zdarzy艂o si臋 to dzi艣 rano

We 艣nie szed艂em ulic膮, mijaj膮c restauracj臋. Kiedy zbli偶y艂em si臋 do du偶ego okna z obrazem, spojrza艂em w lewo i zobaczy艂em mojego syna Erica siedz膮cego przy stoliku. Odwr贸ci艂 si臋 i zobaczy艂 mnie w tym samym momencie. Gdy odwr贸ci艂am si臋, by otworzy膰 drzwi, wsta艂, by si臋 ze mn膮 spotka膰. By艂am taka szcz臋艣liwa, 偶e go widz臋 i w艂a艣nie wtedy si臋 obudzi艂am. Pr贸bowa艂am wr贸ci膰 do snu, aby przypomnie膰 sobie ten moment, ale nie mog艂am tego zrobi膰. Przez chwil臋 by艂o mi troch臋 smutno, ale doszed艂em do siebie, zanim Joan si臋 obudzi艂a.

Po 艣niadaniu sk艂adaj膮cym si臋 z granoli i jogurtu, spakowa艂em dwa pude艂ka ze zdj臋ciami, by odes艂a膰 je do USA. Kiedy wszystko by艂o gotowe, odkry艂em pod naszym 艂贸偶kiem dwa kolejne pude艂ka, o kt贸rych zapomnia艂em. Musia艂em wi臋c ponownie otworzy膰 oba pude艂ka, posortowa膰 nowe partie znalezionych zdj臋膰 i ponownie zapakowa膰 pude艂ka. Teraz pozostaje tylko kwestia wype艂nienia formularzy pocztowych i celnych oraz wys艂ania pude艂. Zrobi臋 to w tym tygodniu.