Saturday, February 16, 2019

EU Card & Lunch.

I kind of freaked out today thinking about it's almost time to renew Joan's Temporary Resident card and seeing the expiration date of 2019-08-06. I thought it meant June 8th, 2019 and you had to renew it 45 days before the expiration date. That would have meant we had to leave Spain earlier than expected. I made a call to Zbyszek and he said the date meant August 6th, 2019. I felt better after that. To be sure, I sent an email to a friend in the Pozna艅 office that handles it and she wrote right back. She confirmed the August 8th date but also said Joan doesn't have a Temporary Resident card any longer. What she has had for the last 4 years is an EU Permanent Resident card that needs renewal every 5 years. When I looked at the card more closely, that is what it says. Mine doesn't say that but maybe because it was issued 8 years ago.

Last night's meeting with the first Spanish club went well. I was at a table with Pedro and Joan was at another table. We talked about my experiences in life, where we were staying now, a little family history and a few other things, all in Spanish. At 21:00, Joan and I went to the Chinese restaurant to meet with the other group for dinner and continue Spanish conversation but it wasn't so much in Spanish. I talked with one Spanish lady and asked if we could speak on the phone during the week in Spanish. She agreed and gave me her phone number.

In the afternoon, after I did a few home study Spanish lessons, Joan and I went for a Tapas lunch. We chose Patatas Ajos(potatoes with basil and garlic) and Alb贸ndigas(Meatballs) with coffee. It's a local restaurant so everyone was speaking Spanish, good for my listening to.

Troch臋 si臋 dzisiaj wystraszy艂em, my艣l膮c, 偶e ju偶 prawie nadszed艂 czas, aby odnowi膰 kart臋 tymczasowego rezydenta Joanny i zobaczy膰 dat臋 wyga艣ni臋cia 2019-08-06. My艣la艂em, 偶e to znaczy 8 czerwca 2019 r. I trzeba by艂o j膮 odnowi膰 45 dni przed dat膮 wyga艣ni臋cia. Oznacza艂oby to, 偶e musieli艣my opu艣ci膰 Hiszpani臋 wcze艣niej, ni偶 si臋 spodziewali艣my. Zadzwoni艂em do Zbyszka, a on powiedzia艂, 偶e randka oznacza艂a 6 sierpnia 2019 roku. Po tym czu艂em si臋 lepiej. Na pewno wys艂a艂em e-mail do znajomego z pozna艅skiego biura, kt贸ry go obs艂uguje, a ona napisa艂a od razu. Potwierdzi艂a dat臋 8 sierpnia, ale powiedzia艂a te偶, 偶e Joan nie ma ju偶 karty tymczasowego rezydenta. To, co posiada艂a przez ostatnie 4 lata, to karta sta艂ego rezydenta UE, kt贸ra wymaga odnowienia co 5 lat. Kiedy przyjrza艂em si臋 dok艂adniej karcie, tak to brzmi. M贸j nie m贸wi tego, ale mo偶e dlatego, 偶e zosta艂 wydany 8 lat temu.

Ostatniej nocy spotkanie z pierwszym hiszpa艅skim klubem posz艂o dobrze. Siedzia艂em przy stole z Pedro, a Joan siedzia艂a przy innym stoliku. Rozmawiali艣my o moich do艣wiadczeniach z 偶ycia, gdzie mieszkali艣my, o historii rodziny i kilku innych rzeczach, wszystko po hiszpa艅sku. O 21:00, Joan i ja poszli艣my do chi艅skiej restauracji, aby spotka膰 si臋 z drug膮 grup膮 na kolacj臋 i kontynuowa膰 rozmow臋 w j臋zyku hiszpa艅skim, ale nie tyle w j臋zyku hiszpa艅skim. Rozmawia艂em z jedn膮 Hiszpank膮 i zapyta艂em, czy mo偶emy m贸wi膰 przez telefon w ci膮gu tygodnia po hiszpa艅sku. Zgodzi艂a si臋 i poda艂a mi sw贸j numer telefonu.

Po po艂udniu, po zrobieniu kilku lekcji hiszpa艅skiego z domu, Joan i ja poszli艣my na lunch z przek膮skami. Wybrali艣my Patatas Ajos (ziemniaki z bazyli膮 i czosnkiem) i Alb贸ndigas (klopsiki) z kaw膮. To lokalna restauracja, wi臋c wszyscy m贸wili po hiszpa艅sku, dobrze, 偶e s艂ucham.