Saturday, February 16, 2019

EU Card & Lunch.

I kind of freaked out today thinking about it's almost time to renew Joan's Temporary Resident card and seeing the expiration date of 2019-08-06. I thought it meant June 8th, 2019 and you had to renew it 45 days before the expiration date. That would have meant we had to leave Spain earlier than expected. I made a call to Zbyszek and he said the date meant August 6th, 2019. I felt better after that. To be sure, I sent an email to a friend in the Poznań office that handles it and she wrote right back. She confirmed the August 8th date but also said Joan doesn't have a Temporary Resident card any longer. What she has had for the last 4 years is an EU Permanent Resident card that needs renewal every 5 years. When I looked at the card more closely, that is what it says. Mine doesn't say that but maybe because it was issued 8 years ago.

Last night's meeting with the first Spanish club went well. I was at a table with Pedro and Joan was at another table. We talked about my experiences in life, where we were staying now, a little family history and a few other things, all in Spanish. At 21:00, Joan and I went to the Chinese restaurant to meet with the other group for dinner and continue Spanish conversation but it wasn't so much in Spanish. I talked with one Spanish lady and asked if we could speak on the phone during the week in Spanish. She agreed and gave me her phone number.

In the afternoon, after I did a few home study Spanish lessons, Joan and I went for a Tapas lunch. We chose Patatas Ajos(potatoes with basil and garlic) and Albóndigas(Meatballs) with coffee. It's a local restaurant so everyone was speaking Spanish, good for my listening to.

Trochę się dzisiaj wystraszyłem, myśląc, że już prawie nadszedł czas, aby odnowić kartę tymczasowego rezydenta Joanny i zobaczyć datę wygaśnięcia 2019-08-06. Myślałem, że to znaczy 8 czerwca 2019 r. I trzeba było ją odnowić 45 dni przed datą wygaśnięcia. Oznaczałoby to, że musieliśmy opuścić Hiszpanię wcześniej, niż się spodziewaliśmy. Zadzwoniłem do Zbyszka, a on powiedział, że randka oznaczała 6 sierpnia 2019 roku. Po tym czułem się lepiej. Na pewno wysłałem e-mail do znajomego z poznańskiego biura, który go obsługuje, a ona napisała od razu. Potwierdziła datę 8 sierpnia, ale powiedziała też, że Joan nie ma już karty tymczasowego rezydenta. To, co posiadała przez ostatnie 4 lata, to karta stałego rezydenta UE, która wymaga odnowienia co 5 lat. Kiedy przyjrzałem się dokładniej karcie, tak to brzmi. Mój nie mówi tego, ale może dlatego, że został wydany 8 lat temu.

Ostatniej nocy spotkanie z pierwszym hiszpańskim klubem poszło dobrze. Siedziałem przy stole z Pedro, a Joan siedziała przy innym stoliku. Rozmawialiśmy o moich doświadczeniach z życia, gdzie mieszkaliśmy, o historii rodziny i kilku innych rzeczach, wszystko po hiszpańsku. O 21:00, Joan i ja poszliśmy do chińskiej restauracji, aby spotkać się z drugą grupą na kolację i kontynuować rozmowę w języku hiszpańskim, ale nie tyle w języku hiszpańskim. Rozmawiałem z jedną Hiszpanką i zapytałem, czy możemy mówić przez telefon w ciągu tygodnia po hiszpańsku. Zgodziła się i podała mi swój numer telefonu.

Po południu, po zrobieniu kilku lekcji hiszpańskiego z domu, Joan i ja poszliśmy na lunch z przekąskami. Wybraliśmy Patatas Ajos (ziemniaki z bazylią i czosnkiem) i Albóndigas (klopsiki) z kawą. To lokalna restauracja, więc wszyscy mówili po hiszpańsku, dobrze, że słucham.

2 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    I wanted go to the first "Spanish club" but I had a difficult week in my job and I was very tyred. Pedro is the friend who invited me to the club.

    I hope I can go this friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel, hope to see you this Friday.

    ReplyDelete