Friday, December 15, 2023

PT

 Another night of interrupted sleep and waking up tired, even at 11:00 How tired this is making Joan was more evident this morning.

Usually, after washing and brushing her teeth, I help her turn around and walk her slowly to the bedroom to get dressed. This time, her weak right leg gave out and she fell to the floor. It wasn't a hard fall because I was holding both of her arms as she fell. It did create a significant problem for me, getting to stand up again. Her weight gain over the last 2 years plus the weakness of her right leg almost prevented it. I said almost because, after 2 hours of trying different approaches, I was finally able to get her standing and back on the bed.

I finished dressing her, exhausted, and was able to give her breakfast and then move her into her recliner. This latest episode gave me a lot to think about and come to a decision about Spain.

Joan's health and well-being are more important than another trip to Spain. I am going to bring back the physical therapist and see if he will be able to help her regain the strength in her right leg.  I have contacted Bartosz and he will start on Dec. 27th. He was going to come next Wednesday but I told him about Covid and thought he should wait another week. He has a young baby girl and I wouldn't want to be a danger to her or his wife.

Kolejna noc przerywanego snu i budzenia si臋 zm臋czonym, nawet o 11:00 To, jak zm臋czona jest Joan, by艂o bardziej widoczne dzi艣 rano.

Zwykle po umyciu si臋 i umyciu z臋b贸w pomagam jej si臋 obr贸ci膰 i powoli odprowadzam j膮 do sypialni, by mog艂a si臋 ubra膰. Tym razem jej s艂aba prawa noga da艂a o sobie zna膰 i upad艂a na pod艂og臋. Nie by艂 to ci臋偶ki upadek, poniewa偶 trzyma艂em j膮 za obie r臋ce. Stworzy艂o to jednak dla mnie powa偶ny problem z ponownym wstaniem. Jej przyrost wagi w ci膮gu ostatnich 2 lat plus s艂abo艣膰 prawej nogi prawie to uniemo偶liwi艂y. Powiedzia艂em "prawie", poniewa偶 po 2 godzinach pr贸bowania r贸偶nych metod, w ko艅cu uda艂o mi si臋 postawi膰 j膮 z powrotem na 艂贸偶ku.

Sko艅czy艂em j膮 ubiera膰, wyczerpany, i by艂em w stanie poda膰 jej 艣niadanie, a nast臋pnie przenie艣膰 j膮 do fotela. Ten ostatni epizod da艂 mi wiele do my艣lenia i pozwoli艂 podj膮膰 decyzj臋 w sprawie Hiszpanii.

Zdrowie i dobre samopoczucie Joan s膮 wa偶niejsze ni偶 kolejna podr贸偶 do Hiszpanii. Zamierzam sprowadzi膰 fizjoterapeut臋 i sprawdzi膰, czy b臋dzie w stanie pom贸c jej odzyska膰 si艂臋 w prawej nodze.  Skontaktowa艂em si臋 z Bartoszem i zacznie on 27 grudnia. Mia艂 przyjecha膰 w przysz艂膮 艣rod臋, ale powiedzia艂am mu o Covid i pomy艣la艂am, 偶e powinien poczeka膰 jeszcze tydzie艅. Ma ma艂膮 c贸reczk臋 i nie chcia艂bym stanowi膰 zagro偶enia dla niej ani dla jego 偶ony.