Saturday, March 05, 2011

Lady Luck.

Smiled on me today. I went to a bookstore to buy a few books and when I left I forgot to turn on my lights on the car. It's against the law to drive in Poland without them. I drove through the city and turned left to head toward home. I had been waiting all morning for a call so when my cell phone rang I opened it up and answered.  It's against the law to use a cell phone while driving in Poland.  As I turned the corner,  in the opposite lane approaching me was a Police van.  It was too late to do anything so when the driver motioned for me to pull over I did.  He got out,  came to my car and started speaking to me.  When he was done I said "Jestem Amerikaninem i nic nie rozumiem"(I'm an American and don't understand anything)  Of course, he was telling me it was against the law to drive without lights and talk on the phone while driving.  He pointed to my headlights and shook his finger meaning NO and then made a gesture for listening to a phone and again shook his finger.  I was expecting two tickets but when he saw my International Drivers License and didn't know what to do with it,  he just moitioned for me to drive away, which I happily did.  I was lucky.

Uśmiechnął się do mnie dziś. Poszedłem do księgarni kupić kilka książki i kiedy wyszłam Zapomniałem włączam światła w samochodzie. Jest to niezgodne z prawem jazdy w Polska bez nich. Przejechałem przez miasto i skręcił w lewo do głowy w kierunku domu. Czekałem cały ranek na połączenie więc kiedy zadzwonił mój telefon komórkowy Otworzyłem go i odpowiedzi. To niezgodne z prawem jest używanie telefonu komórkowego podczas jazdy w Polska. Jak skręcił za róg, w przeciwnym pasie zbliża się do mnie był Police van. Było za późno, aby cokolwiek zrobić tak, gdy kierowca skinął na mnie zatrzymaj się ja. Wysiadł, przyszedł do mojego samochodu i zaczął mówić do mnie. Kiedy on był zrobiony I powiedział: "Jestem Amerikaninem i nic rozumiem NIE " (Jestem Amerykaninem i nie rozumiem nic) Oczywiście, mówił mi, że to niezgodne z prawem jazdy bez światła i rozmawiać przez telefon podczas jazdy . Zwrócił uwagę na mój reflektory i pokiwał palcem rozumieniu NO i machnął ręką na słuchanie muzyki do telefonu i ponownie pokiwał palcem. Spodziewałem się dwa bilety, ale kiedy zobaczyłem moje Międzynarodowe prawo jazdy i nie wiedział, co z nim zrobić, po prostu moitioned mi jazdy, co z radością uczynił. Miałem szczęście.

No comments:

Post a Comment