Sunday, August 26, 2018

Football in Berlin.

After spending a week in Poland, my Michigan cousins returned to Berlin yesterday to wait for today's flight back to Michigan. It was not just a day spent waiting. They attended a football match at the stadium and from the pictures posted, they had a great  time. I think the whole trip was a great time. Well, maybe not the 12 hour flight to and from Detroit, Michigan, but every minute after that.  I know I thoroughly enjoyed meeting with them and the Bekalarek sisters on Friday night near the rynek. I just would have want to have more time to speak with Bree, Blake and Darren. So much to say, so little time to do it.

One thing the last three days has confirmed for me is that I have made progress in speaking Polish. I talked with both Chiara and Vivien Bekalarek in Polish and they said they understood me and that I spoke much better now than the last time they spoke with me. Today I had to return something we bought at Auchan(like Best Buy) on a credit card purchase and I was able to communicate with the service department well enough to get a refund in credit. THAT made me very happy. So, even though I am not happy with my slow progress I can see I have progressed and that is important to me. It confirms my reason to keep going.



Po spędzeniu tygodnia w Polsce, moi kuzyni z Michigan wrócili wczoraj do Berlina, by czekać na dzisiejszy lot z powrotem do Michigan. To nie był tylko dzień poświęcony czekaniu. Obejrzeli mecz piłki nożnej na stadionie i na zdjęciach widać, że świetnie się bawili. Myślę, że cały wyjazd się udał. No, może oprócz 12-to godzinnego lotu do i z Detroit, Michigan, ale każda minuta po tym. Wiem, że spotkanie z nimi i siostrami Bekalarek w piątek wieczorem w pobliżu Rynku, sprawiło mi ogromną radość. Chciałbym mieć więcej czasu na rozmowę z Bree, Blake i Darrenem. Tak wiele do powiedzenia i tak mało czasu, aby to zrobić.

Ostatnie trzy dni potwierdziły, że zrobiłem postępy w mówieniu po polsku. Rozmawiałem i z Chiarą i Vivien Bekalarek w języku polskim. Powiedziały, że rozumieją co do nich mówię, i że rozmawiałem teraz znacznie lepiej niż ostatnim razem. Dziś musiałem oddać coś co kupiliśmy w Auchan (jak Best Buy) za pomocą karty kredytowej, i byłem w stanie dogadać się z działem serwisowym na tyle dobrze, aby otrzymać zwrot pieniędzy. To mnie uszczęśliwiło. Tak więc, mimo że nie jestem zadowolony z moich powolnych postępów, widzę, że je robię, a to jest dla mnie ważne. To potwierdza, że jestem na dobrej drodze.

No comments:

Post a Comment