Monday, July 22, 2019

And so it goes................

Yet another disastrous meeting at the Civil Registry office this morning. This time our "case" was handled by a completely new person  A woman more like from the 1980's who made us feel like we were being interrogated more than helped. She knew nothing about the problems of the last year trying to get Joan's documents accepted. She took the 2 new documents and told us to wait in the hall while she reviewed them. Half an hour later she called us back in and said there were problems with both documents. After her explanations about leaving out the city of marriage, I explained to her that each State in the U.S. has different rules of marriage licenses and some only put the County where the marriage takes place.  Also, countries have different rules for documents and you can not expect every country to follow the rules of another.  Then she asked if it was necessary to register her birth? I said the other lady said it was if I was applying for Polish citizenship. I began to think about that and decided the other lady may have been wrong all this time. I told this woman we were finished for now and I would check with the citizenship office first before I proceed further. I was just on the verge of getting angry at this whole waste of time, 1 year, and thought it best to leave. Even though this woman was not at all pleasant, I didn't want to be like her.

At home, I checked, again, the requirements for gaining Polish citizenship and it only asks for our marriage certificate. It says nothing about previous marriages, divorces, her parents, etc. I also checked on Joan becoming an EU citizen. If I have Polish citizenship, she can apply for EU citizenship because of being married to me. Tomorrow I have an appointment at 13:00 with the citizenship department and will know more.

I am sooooooo tired off all of this. I have enough to deal with on a daily basis. I knew last night this morning would not go well from previous visits to Civil Registry. In this case, I wish I would have been wrong. Why do they make it so hard for me, in particular, to become a Polish citizen? I have all the documented proof of ancestry back to 1750. Every year I pay my taxes to Poland, I promote the beauty of Poland, the culture, the history.  Whether I agree or disagree with the current government is irrelevant. I am here and have been for 12 years. What more can I do?

Kolejne katastrofalne spotkanie w urz臋dzie stanu cywilnego dzi艣 rano. Tym razem nasz膮 „spraw膮” zajmowa艂a si臋 zupe艂nie nowa osoba. Kobieta bardziej podobna do lat 80., kt贸ra sprawia艂a, 偶e ​​czuli艣my si臋, jakby艣my byli przes艂uchiwani bardziej ni偶 pomagali. Nic nie wiedzia艂a o problemach z zesz艂ego roku pr贸buj膮cych uzyska膰 akceptacj臋 dokument贸w Joanny. Wzi臋艂a 2 nowe dokumenty i kaza艂a nam poczeka膰 w holu, a ona je przejrza艂a. P贸艂 godziny p贸藕niej oddzwoni艂a do nas i powiedzia艂a, 偶e ​​s膮 problemy z obydwoma dokumentami. Po wyja艣nieniach dotycz膮cych opuszczenia miasta ma艂偶e艅stwa wyja艣ni艂em jej, 偶e ka偶de pa艅stwo w Stanach Zjednoczonych ma r贸偶ne zasady dotycz膮ce ma艂偶e艅stw, a niekt贸rzy tylko umieszczaj膮 okr臋g w miejscu ma艂偶e艅stwa. Ponadto kraje maj膮 r贸偶ne zasady dotycz膮ce dokument贸w i nie mo偶na oczekiwa膰, 偶e ka偶dy kraj b臋dzie przestrzega艂 zasad innego. Potem zapyta艂a, czy trzeba zarejestrowa膰 jej narodziny? Powiedzia艂em, 偶e druga pani powiedzia艂a, 偶e ​​je艣li ubiega艂em si臋 o polskie obywatelstwo. Zacz膮艂em o tym my艣le膰 i zdecydowa艂em, 偶e ta druga kobieta mog艂a si臋 myli膰 przez ca艂y czas. Powiedzia艂em tej kobiecie, 偶e na razie sko艅czyli艣my i najpierw sprawdz臋 urz膮d obywatelski, zanim p贸jd臋 dalej. By艂em bliski z艂o艣ci na t臋 ca艂膮 strat臋 czasu, 1 rok, i pomy艣la艂em, 偶e najlepiej odej艣膰. Chocia偶 ta kobieta wcale nie by艂a przyjemna, nie chcia艂am by膰 taka jak ona.

W domu po raz kolejny sprawdzi艂em wymagania dotycz膮ce uzyskania polskiego obywatelstwa i 偶膮dam tylko naszego aktu ma艂偶e艅stwa. Nie m贸wi nic o poprzednich ma艂偶e艅stwach, rozwodach, rodzicach itp. Sprawdzi艂em r贸wnie偶, czy Joan zosta艂a obywatelk膮 UE. Je艣li mam obywatelstwo polskie, mo偶e ubiega膰 si臋 o obywatelstwo UE z powodu mojego ma艂偶e艅stwa. Jutro mam spotkanie o 13:00 z wydzia艂em obywatelstwa i b臋d臋 wiedzia艂 wi臋cej.

Jestem taki baaardzo zm臋czony tym wszystkim. Mam wystarczaj膮co du偶o do czynienia na co dzie艅. Wiedzia艂em, 偶e ostatniej nocy tego ranka nie p贸jdzie dobrze z poprzednich wizyt w Rejestrze Cywilnym. W tym przypadku chcia艂bym si臋 myli膰. Dlaczego tak trudno mi w szczeg贸lno艣ci zosta膰 obywatelem polskim? Mam wszystkie udokumentowane dowody pochodzenia do 1750 roku. Ka偶dego roku p艂ac臋 podatki do Polski, promuj臋 pi臋kno Polski, kultur臋, histori臋. Nie ma znaczenia, czy zgadzam si臋 z obecnym rz膮dem, czy nie. Jestem tutaj i jestem od 12 lat. Co jeszcze mog臋 zrobi膰?