Thursday, April 02, 2020

Day 2

Yesterday was the happiest day in the last 52 days. Having Joan back home was a good idea. It isn't easy, by any imagination, having to move her around without the ability to stand or walk and takes all of my energy and strength each time. I know I will take better care of her than any hospital. My love for her gives me what I need to do it. Just to be able to hold her hand and tell her how much I love her is a healing power no one can match.

The man arrived at 8:00, made 7 trips up to our flat with bed parts and put it all together. H showed me how to work the controls, I paid him and signed a contract of rental for 140 PLN per month, cancellable at any time. It's a movable bed so I can have her right next to me when we sleep.

At 3:00, the person arrived to show me what exercises Joan needed and said Joan was stronger than most stroke victims and see thought that if we did he exercises 3 times a day, in a week she would stand and possibly in 2-3 weeks start walking.again. The woman has been working with stroke victims for 5 years, has a lot of experience and I believe her.

These 2 days have been exhausting days for me. It takes so much energy to move Joan about but the new bed makes it so much easier to get her in and out of bed. It is more than worth the money of rental just to have some relief from that. Without it, I don't know how long I would be able to keep it up. The woman was fantastic and Joan really liked her. I hope she is available when the ban is lifted in Poland. I took a few pictures to post.

Wczoraj był najszczęśliwszym dniem w ciągu ostatnich 52 dni. Powrót Joan do domu był dobrym pomysłem. Nie jest łatwo, w najśmielszych wyobrażeniach przenosić ją bez umiejętności stania lub chodzenia i za każdym razem zabiera to całą moją energię i siły. Wiem, że zaopiekuję się nią lepiej niż jakikolwiek szpital. Moja miłość do niej daje mi to, czego potrzebuję, by to robić. Tylko po to, by móc trzymać ją za rękę i powiedzieć jej, jak bardzo ją kocham, jest uzdrawiającą mocą, której nikt nie jest w stanie dorównać.

Mężczyzna przyjechał o 8:00, 7 razy wracał do naszego mieszkania z częściami łóżka i wszystko to razem poskładał. Pokazał mi, jak działa układ sterowania, zapłaciłem mu i podpisałem umowę najmu na 140 zł miesięcznie, którą można w każdej chwili anulować. Jest to mobilne łóżko, więc mogę mieć ją tuż obok siebie,

O 15:00 przyszła osoba, która pokazała mi, jakich ćwiczeń Joan potrzebuje i powiedziała, że Joan jest silniejsza od większości ofiar udaru i pomyślała, że jeśli będziemy ćwiczyć 3 razy dziennie, to w ciągu tygodnia powinna stać i może za 2-3 tygodnie znów zacząć chodzić. Kobieta pracuje z ofiarami udaru od 5 lat, ma duże doświadczenie i wierzę jej.

Te 2 dni były dla mnie wyczerpujące. Potrzeba tyle energii, aby przenieść Joan, ale nowe łóżko sprawia, że o wiele łatwiej jest jej wejść i wyjść. To więcej warte niż pieniądze z wynajmu i tylko po to, by mieć jakąś pomoc. Bez tego nie wiem, jak długo byłbym w stanie kontynuować opiekę. Kobieta była fantastyczna, a Joan naprawdę ją polubiła. Mam nadzieję, że będzie osiągalna, gdy ograniczenia w Polsce zostaną zniesione. Zrobiłem kilka zdjęć, by je opublikować.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice to hear more good news about the bed and the therapist visit and her words of encouragement. Joan looks good, the spirit is such a big part of rehab. So having her home with you is enormous. Its a physical burden on you of course, but I'm sure its a blessing emotionally and spiritually. You are such a good man, and Joan is in the best possible hands.

    Now we just need this virus to pass and a therapist to regularly visit. In meantime, we pray that you will be have her well along in her rehab.

    Wishing you both the best,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:28 AM

    WELCOME HOME, Joan!👋👍🤗
    And, you David, you are a Miracle Man, to make this all happen...a real "Husband" in the truest meaning of the word. Joan DOES look good for ALL she's undergone. I see color in her chheeks, and a spark in her eyes as she gazes at her best beloved!
    God bless you both...another reader said so, but saying it again: We're SO glad you're home together again!
    Rest assured, David, you'll care for her well.. and Joan, GET well...stronger every day!!

    🙏💖
    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Dave S. I hope you are staying safe and well. I will care for Joan well. I have a list of exercises to do daily with her now until the ban is lifted.

    ReplyDelete