Thursday, April 09, 2020

Day 9

I added four new exercises to Joan's "program" today. No, I'm not over-working her. 3 of them are done while sitting in her wheelchair and the other while standing. That one is just bending the legs at the knees while I stand behind her for security. 2 of them are done while sitting at the dining room table, placing her hands on a facecloth and first pushing the cloth across the table to the other side. The second one is moving the washcloth with her hands extended like a windshield wiper. They are to strengthen her shoulders and arms. The fourth one in the chair is raising the heel of her foot like she was standing on her toes.  This strengthens her ankle for walking. I've been getting advice from a therapist via chat.

With Joan safely in bed, I went to Carrefour to do shopping. I knew I would set a new cost record because of buying diapers, disinfectant soap, laundry soap, Kleenex, water plus the actual food. I was right. 226 PLN($54). My menu to make for the week is Chicken Chorizo & Basmati Rice, Fruit Salad, Tuna pasta salad, Sweet Potatoes & salad, Blue cheese & Walnut pasta, Spaghetti, and pizza. I have the recipes so they shouldn't be too hard to make.

I have to admit my personality is not suited to be a therapist. Sometimes when Joan can't comprehend an exercise I get angry inside. I'm not angry at her because it's not her fault, but inside me, anger is because of frustration. I try to take a break when that happens and try again.

Dzisiaj dodałem 4 nowe ćwiczenia do programu rehab dla Joan. Nie, nie przemęczam jej zbytnio. Trzy z nich robi siedząc na wózku inwalidzkim, a dwa stojąc. Jedno to tylko zginanie nóg na kolanach, podczas gdy ja stoję za nią dla bezpieczeństwa. Dwa z nich są wykonywane podczas siedzenia przy stole w jadalni, z rękami na obrusie i najpierw popchaniu tkaniny w poprzek stołu na drugą stronę. Drugi to przesuwanie ściereczki rękami rozłożonymi jakby pracowała wycieraczka samochodowa. Mają one wzmocnić jej barki i ramiona. Czwarte ćwiczenie na krześle polega na podnoszeniu pięt stóp, jakby stała na palcach u nóg. To wzmacnia kostkę do chodzenia. Otrzymałem porady od terapeuty na czacie.

Kiedy Joan leżała bezpiecznie w łóżku, poszedłem do Carrefour na zakupy. Wiedziałem, że ustanowię nowy rekord wydatków, ponieważ kupowałem pieluchy, mydło dezynfekujące, mydło do prania, chusteczki, wodę i jedzenie. Miałam rację. 226 ZŁ($54). Moje menu na tydzień to Chicken Chorizo & Basmati Rice, Sałatka owocowa, Sałatka z tuńczyka, Sweet Potatoes & Sałatka, Makaron z niebieskim serem i orzechami włoskimi, Spaghetti, i pizza. Mam przepisy, więc nie powinny być one zbyt trudne do wykonania.

Muszę przyznać, że moja osobowość nie nadaje się do bycia terapeutą. Czasami, gdy Joan nie może zrozumieć jakiegoś ćwiczenia, denerwuję się w środku. Nie gniewam się na nią, bo to nie jej wina, ale we mnie gniew jest spowodowany frustracją.
Kiedy tak się dzieje, próbuję sobie zrobić przerwę i próbuję ponownie.

No comments:

Post a Comment