Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Vacuum cleaners.

I know that dementia is not "catchy" but lately I've been having a few of those moments. For example; last Tuesday I went to Media Mart in the Pestka shopping center to buy a much-needed vacuum cleaner. Our old Bosch died after 14 years of service. Anyway,  I thought it was at Pestka. The one I wanted, an Electrolux, was only a display model so the girl ordered it for me. She said in 2-3 days they would send me an SMS that it arrived. 

Yesterday, Monday, no SMS had arrived so I drove to Pestka to find out why. They checked my receipt and told me it was bought at the Media Mart in the King Cross shopping center. I told them they were wrong, almost argued about it,  and then left without the cleaner.

On the way back to the car, I remembered I did go to King Cross to buy olive oil and before exiting the mall stopped at Media Mart. It WAS there I bought it.

We went to King Cross, talked to them about my receipt, and were sent to Service. At Service, they told me I should have come to them after I paid the bill so they could set up the SMS notification. The sales clerk didn't tell me to do that. When that process was over, they said 2-3 days before pick up.

The SMS came in today and now we have a new vacuum cleaner. Hallelujah!!! There is one here but it only cleans rugs, not floors, and has no attachment.

After I unpacked it, I vacuumed the whole flat. It works great.

-Wiem, że demencja nie jest "chwytliwa", ale ostatnio miałem kilka takich momentów. Na przykład; w zeszły wtorek poszedłem do Media Mart w centrum handlowym Pestka, aby kupić bardzo potrzebny odkurzacz. Nasz stary Bosch padł po 14 latach użytkowania. W każdym razie myślałem, że to w Pestce. Ten, który chciałem, Electrolux, był tylko modelem wystawowym, więc dziewczyna zamówiła go dla mnie. Powiedziała, że za 2-3 dni wyślą mi SMS, że dotarła. 

Wczoraj, w poniedziałek, żaden SMS nie dotarł, więc pojechałem do Pestki, aby dowiedzieć się dlaczego. Sprawdzili mój paragon i powiedzieli mi, że został kupiony w Media Mart w centrum handlowym King Cross. Powiedziałem im, że się mylą, prawie się o to pokłóciłem, a potem wyszedłem bez środka czyszczącego.

W drodze powrotnej do samochodu przypomniałem sobie, że poszedłem do King Cross kupić oliwę z oliwek i przed wyjściem z centrum handlowego zatrzymałem się w Media Mart. To właśnie tam ją kupiłem.

Pojechaliśmy do King Cross, porozmawialiśmy o moim paragonie i zostaliśmy odesłani do serwisu. W serwisie powiedzieli mi, że powinienem był przyjść do nich po zapłaceniu rachunku, aby mogli skonfigurować powiadomienie SMS. Sprzedawca nie kazał mi tego robić. Kiedy ten proces się zakończył, powiedzieli, że 2-3 dni przed odbiorem.

SMS przyszedł dzisiaj i teraz mamy nowy odkurzacz. Alleluja!!! Jest tu jeden, ale czyści tylko dywany, a nie podłogi, i nie ma przystawki.

No comments:

Post a Comment