Friday, May 31, 2024

Drozdziewki Day

Today was the day. I still needed flour, yeast, sugar, and butter so I went to Lidl. They had the sugar and butter but not the kind of flour(Wroclawska) or yeast(Belbake) I needed. So, on we went to Chata Polska.

They didn't have it either. On we went to Carrefour where they had the flour but not the yeast. I wasn't about to try another store so I bought the Kamis brand of yeast. I think that was a mistake.

On the way home, it was such a nice morning I didn't just yet. Instead, I mad a stop at Solacz Park and took Joan to nice bench where watched the ducks and pigeons by the water for 2 hours.

At home, I prepared a large bowl with flour, eggs, and a pinch of salt. Then I warmed up 1/2 cup of milk with butter and sugar in it. When the butter was melted, I added the yeast poured it into the large bowl, hand-mixed if for a 5 minutes, covered the bowl with a dishtowel and put it on the balcony to rise.

I lined a 9x12 cake pan bottom with brown paper,and buttered it.

I preheated the oven at 180 C.

Then, in a smaller bowl, I mixed flour, sugar, and soft butter by hand and formed it into a ball. Then I crumbled it into tiny pieces for the top of the ciasto.'t rise as high. I think it was the different yeast

When the dough had risen, I put it into the pan, put the crumbled topping in it, put it into the oven for maybe 30 minutes. I took it out, let it cool and then into the refrigerator.

It was/is good but not as good as Radeks. I think it was the different yeast.

Dzisiaj był ten dzień. Nadal potrzebowałam mąki, drożdży, cukru i masła, więc poszłam do Lidla. Mieli cukier i masło, ale nie mieli mąki (Wrocławskiej) i drożdży (Belbake), których potrzebowałam. Poszliśmy więc do Chaty Polskiej.

Oni też tego nie mieli. Poszliśmy do Carrefoura, gdzie mieli mąkę, ale nie mieli drożdży. Nie miałam zamiaru próbować w innym sklepie, więc kupiłam drożdże marki Kamis. Myślę, że to był błąd.

W drodze do domu był taki ładny poranek, że jeszcze się nie zatrzymałem. Zamiast tego zatrzymałem się w Parku Solacza i zabrałem Joan na ładną ławkę, gdzie przez 2 godziny obserwowałem kaczki i gołębie nad wodą.

W domu przygotowałem dużą miskę z mąką, jajkami i szczyptą soli. Następnie podgrzałem 1/2 szklanki mleka z masłem i cukrem. Gdy masło się rozpuściło, dodałam drożdże, wlałam do dużej miski, mieszałam ręcznie przez 5 minut, przykryłam miskę ściereczką i odstawiłam na balkon do wyrośnięcia.

Dno tortownicy 9x12 wyłożyłam brązowym papierem i wysmarowałam masłem.

Piekarnik nagrzałam do 180 stopni C.

Następnie w mniejszej misce wymieszałam ręcznie mąkę, cukier i miękkie masło i uformowałam z nich kulę. Następnie pokruszyłam ją na drobne kawałki, aby wierzch ciasta nie wyrósł tak wysoko. Myślę, że to przez inne drożdże

Kiedy ciasto wyrosło, włożyłam je do formy, wsypałam pokruszoną polewę i wstawiłam do piekarnika na 30 minut. Wyjęłam, ostudziłam i włożyłam do lodówki.

Był/jest dobry, ale nie tak dobry jak Radeks. Nie smakowało tak dobrze jak Radeks. Myślę, że to przez inne drożdże.

No comments: