Monday, May 27, 2024

Dreams

Dreams are strange. They just happen out of nowhere when you sleep. I've tried thinking about different things just before I go to sleep in order to influence my dream of the night. It never works. Last night I thought a lot about my brother. Oddly enough, I never had one dream about him while living in the United States.  In Poland, I have had several. He passed away in 1974. Last nights dream was no different. Instead of dreaming about him, I dreamed of a visit Joan made to me while I was living in the U.P. of Michigan. She usually came the last week in September and stayed for two weeks. I was in Heaven when she was there.

This dream was about her and the night she arrived. I had just finished building my house and only had to put the home-made door on. I spent the early part of the day cleaning every thing before her arrival at midnight. All I had left was the door It was heavy and it took a lot to get it into place for attaching the hinges to the house. I tried and tried but couldn't get it up. i was beginning to panic and decided to drive up to Mike and Mary's house who lived north of me. Mike was an excellent builder.

I explained my situation of Joan arriving and no door on the house. He agreed to help and followed me back home. It took him about two hours to make the adjustments and hang the door. It was 10 PM by then and I needed to go to the Lamplighter Motel where we were going to spend the first night together. I doubled-checked to make sure very thing looked good and then drove to the hotel.

I checked in just after 11 PM and had time to take a shower. i was done by 11:20 and thought I would sit on the bed a few minutes before going to the airport which wasn't far away.

The next thing I knew, it was 2 AM and I was 2 hours late to pickup Joan. 2 hours! I jumped into my pickup, drove as fast as I could, parked, and ran into the waiting room.

There was Joan, sitting all alone and talking with the janitor. I apologized, told her what happened. She said she was hungry so we drove into Marquette to BigBoy's restaurant and had omelets and coffee.

I had left two of the gaslights on before I left so when she say the light shining through the large windows, it made a good impression on her. The next morning she was able to see every detail of the house and how it fit into the forest. It was a beautiful house and it always amazes me that I designed and built it.

Sny są dziwne. Pojawiają się znikąd podczas snu. Próbowałem myśleć o różnych rzeczach tuż przed zaśnięciem, aby wpłynąć na mój sen w nocy. To nigdy nie działa. Ostatniej nocy dużo myślałem o moim bracie. Co dziwne, nigdy nie miałem ani jednego snu o nim, gdy mieszkałem w Stanach Zjednoczonych.  W Polsce miałem ich kilka. Zmarł w 1974 roku. Zeszłej nocy sen nie był inny. Zamiast śnić o nim, śniłem o wizycie Joan, którą złożyła mi, gdy mieszkałem w Michigan. Zwykle przyjeżdżała w ostatnim tygodniu września i zostawała na dwa tygodnie. Kiedy tam była, byłem w niebie.

Ten sen był o niej i o nocy, kiedy przyjechała. Właśnie skończyłem budować dom i musiałem tylko zamontować domowe drzwi. Wczesną część dnia spędziłem na sprzątaniu wszystkiego przed jej przybyciem o północy. Jedyne, co mi pozostało, to drzwi. Były ciężkie i dużo czasu zajęło ich przymocowanie do zawiasów. Zacząłem panikować i postanowiłem pojechać do domu Mike'a i Mary, którzy mieszkali na północ ode mnie. Mike był doskonałym budowniczym.


Wyjaśniłem, że Joan przyjechała i nie ma drzwi do domu. Zgodził się pomóc i wrócił za mną do domu. Dokonanie poprawek i zawieszenie drzwi zajęło mu około dwóch godzin. Była już godzina 22:00 i musiałem udać się do motelu Lamplighter, gdzie mieliśmy spędzić pierwszą wspólną noc. Upewniłem się, że wszystko wygląda dobrze i pojechałem do hotelu.

Zameldowałem się tuż po 23:00 i miałem czas na wzięcie prysznica. Skończyłem o 23:20 i pomyślałem, że posiedzę na łóżku kilka minut, zanim udam się na lotnisko, które nie było daleko.

Następną rzeczą, jaką wiedziałem, była 2 nad ranem i spóźniłem się 2 godziny na odbiór Joan. 2 godziny! Wskoczyłem do mojego pickupa, pojechałem tak szybko, jak mogłem, zaparkowałem i pobiegłem do poczekalni.

Była tam Joan, siedziała sama i rozmawiała z dozorcą. Przeprosiłem ją i powiedziałem, co się stało. Powiedziała, że jest głodna, więc pojechaliśmy do Marquette do restauracji BigBoy's na omlety i kawę.

Przed wyjazdem zostawiłem włączone dwie lampy gazowe, więc kiedy powiedziała, że światło świeci przez duże okna, zrobiło to na niej dobre wrażenie. Następnego ranka mogła zobaczyć każdy szczegół domu i to, jak pasował do lasu. To był piękny dom i zawsze zadziwia mnie, że go zaprojektowałem i zbudowałem.

No comments: