Thursday, June 06, 2024

Rug

 The rug we have had in our living room is made of wool. For the last 7 months, underneath our two reclining chairs, some kind of little bugs have been eating it. I didn't even notice it until I moved the chairs to vacuum under it. All the wool is gone and only the base material is left. Fortunately, we still have an unused rug we brought from our old apartment. Today, I removed the old rug, wrapped it up, and took it out of the flat. The new rugh is now in place.

Natalie came at 10:30 and freed me up to go to Radek's for our weekly meeting. He prepared scrambled eggs, ham sandwiches, and tea for breakfast. Then we talked about politics in Poland, his next adventure to Vilnius, Lithuania next week, and then a week in Wroclaw. So, no Spanish with him for two weeks.

I proposed to Joan the idea that after morning breakfast she would listen to one chapter of the book she selected on Audiobooks. She agreed to it. I hope it works.

We like watching the young children pass by when we sit in some park. However, it makes me sad to see the world they will have to grow up in.The generations before them will have done very little to stop the destruction of the earth, climate change, power seeking politicians, dictators, decay of a moral society, wars, hatred, racism, and social inequality. My time on this planet gets shorter every day. At age 80, it's limited but in a way I am glad I am almost at the end. I don't want to live in the future planet we are heading to, only as long as Joan.

No comments: