Friday, March 20, 2009

I have a Genie!-Mam dżinna

Yes, I do. Her name is Kasia and today we found out more information that I have thought about but never knew how to find out about. I've always thought my great grandfather, Józef, must have had brothers and sisters. Today we found the records that proved it. We also found Józefs birth certificate. I have dates, places, witnesses and I'm just waiting for a confirmation email from Kasia before I print them.

Another interesting side note is that when talking with Kasia today she told me of an American she met last year with his Polish wife and how she helped them also. I knew it was John Fahland and his wife Agnieszka that Joan and I also knew. Before Kasia finished her story I injected that "John and Agnieszka told me to tell you hello." She was very surprised and the I told her another person also said hello, Bronwyn. Again the surprised look came on her face.

Cousin Marilyn Mapes is coming to Poland next month for a visit and wants to find records of her relatives but has no time to devote to it. I highly recommended Kasia to her.

Yet another blog reader, Judy Guzik, wrote and told me she has used Kasia's services and was more than happy with them.

So from now on if you read about my "Genie", you should know I'm talking about Kasia. Here is her website, in case you are looking for an excellant genealogist in Poznań........................................http://www.discovering-roots.pl/welcome.htm

I forgot to mention another reason for happiness. I discovered yesterday March Madness, a tradition in the U.S. is broadcasting every game over the internet and Joan and I are finally able to see college basketball. We have always been devoted fans of the college game and missed seeing them since we've been here. Now we can watch them, even with the time difference, because available to replay. This morning we watched our favorite team, Duke.


Tak, robię. Jej imię jest Kasia i dzisiaj wynajdowaliśmy więcej informacji, którą pomyślałem dookoła ale nigdy nie wiedziałem jak dowiedzieć się dookoła. Zawsze pomyślałem mojego wielkiego dziadka, Józef, musiałem mieć braci i siostry. Dzisiaj znaleźliśmy zapisy, które udowodniły to. Też znaleźliśmy metrykę urodzenia Józefs. Mam daty, miejsca, świadków i właśnie czekam na email umocnienia z Kasia zanim wydrukuję ich.
Inna interesująca boczna notatka jest, że kiedy mówiąc z Kasia dzisiaj ona powiedziała mi z Amerykanina ona spotkała się w ubiegłym roku z jego polską żoną i jak ona pomogła im też. Wiedziałem, że to był John Fahland i jego żony Agnieszka, który Joan i ja też znałem. Zanim Kasia skończył jej historię wstrzyknąłem, że "John i Agnieszka powiedział, żebym powiedział tobie cześć". Ona była bardzo zaskoczona i powiedziałem jej innej osobie też powiedzianej cześć, Bronwyn. Znowu zaskoczone spojrzenie poszło dalej jej twarz.

Kuzyna Marilyn mapy przyjadą do Polski w przyszłym miesiącu dla wizyty i chcą znaleźć zapisy jej krewnych ale nie mają żadnego czasu by poświęcić się do tego. Wysoko poleciłem Kasia do niej.

Jeszcze inny blog czytelnik, Judy Guzik, napisała i powiedziała mi ona użyła usług Kasia i była więcej niż szczęśliwa z nimi.

Tak na przyszłość jeżeli czytasz o moich "Geniach", powinieneś wiedzieć, że mówię o Kasia. Tutaj jest jej witryna sieci, w przypadku szukasz doskonałego genealoga w Poznań........................................http://www.discovering-roots.pl/welcome.htm

Zapomniałem wspomnieć inny powód szczęścia. Odkryłem wczoraj marca Szaleństwo, tradycja w Stanach Zjednoczonych nadaje każdą grę przez internet i Joan i mogą w końcu zobaczyć koszykówkę uczelni. Zawsze byliśmy poświęceni entuzjaści gry uczelni i chybiliśmy widzenia ich odkąd byliśmy tutaj. Teraz możemy obserwować ich, nawet z różnicą czasu , ponieważ dostępny by powtórzyć. Dzisiaj rano obserwowaliśmy nasz ulubiony zespół, Księcia.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:53 PM

    David,

    It can be a small world sometimes. Kasia was such an incredible help for us in our search for my wife's genealogy. I hope more and more people use her services.

    Thanks for saying hello from us.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your blog since the beginning. And now I'm happy to see that you are pleased with the services of my distant cousin Kasia.
    You can say hello for me, too.

    Sharon Galitz, on her Gryca side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon,

    Thanks for being a reader of our blog.
    I sent Kasia and email today with your greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,
    Thanks for extending greetings to Kasia. I'm pleased to hear you are making progress in the Archives. I've had a few visits to our FHC recently and my collection of Cyrillic records for extended family seems to be spiralling out of control.
    Well done also for your photo collection - did I miss how you located the one of Cecylia?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Browyn,
    My grandfathers sister, Cecylia, had a daughter, Janina, who had a son, Thomas. Thomas was married twice. From his first wife he had a daughter, Noelle. She learned about me from Thomas's second wife, wrote to me, we corresponded and I asked if she knew of any picture of Cecylian. She had the only one and sent it to me. That's how it all came together.

    ReplyDelete