


Couldn't have asked for a better weather day today for Joan's birthday. 17cm, sunny, a few puffy clouds and a slight wind. Beautiful! I wanted to give her something different this year than the usual flowers or candy, something she would always remember. I thought about it all last month and finally decided on her present. I like surprising her so yesterday I told her she had an appointment today at noon and asked her to wear loose fitting clothes. She asked all kinds of questions about her gift but all I would say is that at 11:50AM we would take a walk and I would give her the gift at the end of the walk.
We left on time, walked two blocks down Gombrowicze street to a local place inbetween flats. On the outside it said "Cosmetics and other things" so when we walked through the door she thought it was a cosmetic present but on of the "other" things they had was a massage parlor. Last week I made an appointment for Joan to have a full body massage that lasted one and a half hours. We walked in together, I introduced the receptionist to Joan and they walked away to the parlor. I left and went home to wait until she was done. At 1:30PM I walked back to the place and Joan was walking on her way home. We met on the sidewalk, I asked her how she felt and she said FANTASTIC. She was so relaxed I almost had to carry her home but instead I put her in our car, drove to Kandulski's and bought her a birthday treat and coffee.
The day was so beautiful that we went to So艂acki park for a walk, sat by the little lake for a while and talked about all the memorable things of our life together. There was more I had planned for the afternoon but her daughter Karen emailed me this morning that she wanted to Skype with her mom at 5PM and then we had to wait for our landlord to bring the papers so the second half of her present will be on Friday morning. I want to take her shopping for 5 new summer blouses and 2 pairs of slacks/semi-dress pants.
While waiting for Joan to finish her massage I went to church and thanked God for putting Joan in my life. I can't imagine what the last 35 years would have been without her.
We left on time, walked two blocks down Gombrowicze street to a local place inbetween flats. On the outside it said "Cosmetics and other things" so when we walked through the door she thought it was a cosmetic present but on of the "other" things they had was a massage parlor. Last week I made an appointment for Joan to have a full body massage that lasted one and a half hours. We walked in together, I introduced the receptionist to Joan and they walked away to the parlor. I left and went home to wait until she was done. At 1:30PM I walked back to the place and Joan was walking on her way home. We met on the sidewalk, I asked her how she felt and she said FANTASTIC. She was so relaxed I almost had to carry her home but instead I put her in our car, drove to Kandulski's and bought her a birthday treat and coffee.
The day was so beautiful that we went to So艂acki park for a walk, sat by the little lake for a while and talked about all the memorable things of our life together. There was more I had planned for the afternoon but her daughter Karen emailed me this morning that she wanted to Skype with her mom at 5PM and then we had to wait for our landlord to bring the papers so the second half of her present will be on Friday morning. I want to take her shopping for 5 new summer blouses and 2 pairs of slacks/semi-dress pants.
While waiting for Joan to finish her massage I went to church and thanked God for putting Joan in my life. I can't imagine what the last 35 years would have been without her.
Mo偶e nie zwr贸ci艂y si臋 o lepszy dzie艅 pogoda dzi艣 urodziny Joanny. 17cm, s艂oneczny, kilka puffy chmury i lekki wiatr. Pi臋kne! Chcia艂am da膰 jej co艣 innego w tym roku ni偶 zwyk艂e kwiaty lub s艂odycze, co艣 si臋 zawsze pami臋ta膰. My艣la艂em o tym wszystkim w zesz艂ym miesi膮cu i ostatecznie zdecydowa艂a si臋 na niej obecny. I dziwi j膮 tak jak wczoraj powiedzia艂em jej, 偶e na spotkanie dzisiaj w po艂udnie i poprosi艂 j膮 nosi膰 lu藕ne ubrania. Spyta艂a wszelkiego rodzaju pytania o jej dar, ale wszystkim chcia艂bym powiedzie膰, 偶e przy 1150: jestem chcemy wybra膰 si臋 na spacer i chcia艂bym da膰 jej prezent na koniec spaceru.
Wyszli艣my na raz, dwa bloki szed艂 w d贸艂 ulicy Gombrowicze do lokalnego mieszka艅 pomi臋dzy nimi miejsca. Na zewn膮trz, powiedzia艂: "kosmetyki i inne rzeczy", wi臋c kiedy wchodzi艂e艣 przez drzwi, 偶e to ona by艂a obecna, ale na kosmetycznych w "inne" rzeczy, kt贸rych nie by艂 gabinet masa偶u. W zesz艂ym tygodniu zrobi艂em um贸wiony termin dla Joan si臋 masa偶 ca艂ego cia艂a, kt贸ra trwa艂a jeden i p贸艂 godziny. Weszli艣my razem, wprowadzi艂em w recepcji do Joan i szli dalej do salonu. I w lewo i poszed艂em do domu czeka膰, a偶 ona zrobi膰. O 1:30 PM szed艂em z powrotem na miejsce i Joan szed艂 na jej drodze do domu. Spotkali艣my si臋 na chodniku, zapyta艂em j膮, jak czu艂a si臋 i powiedzia艂a fantastyczne. By艂a tak zrelaksowany prawie by艂a zobowi膮zana do jej domu, ale zamiast umie艣ci膰 j膮 w naszym samochodzie, pojecha艂 do Kandulski i kupi艂 jej traktowa膰 urodziny i kawy.
Dzie艅 by艂 tak pi臋kny, 偶e poszli艣my do parku So艂acki na spacer, siedzia艂 przez jeziorko na chwil臋 i rozmawiali艣my o wszystkim niezapomniany rzeczy naszego 偶ycia razem. Wi臋cej by艂o mia艂em zaplanowane na wczoraj, ale jej c贸rka Karen poczta elektroniczna mi dzi艣 rano, 偶e chce z ni膮 mama Skype na 5PM i wtedy musieli艣my czeka膰 na naszego gospodarza wnie艣膰 dokumenty, tak w drugiej po艂owie jej obecne b臋d膮 na Pi膮tek rano. Chc臋 zabra膰 j膮 na zakupy do 5 nowych bluzki lata i 2 pary spodni / semi-dress spodnie.
W oczekiwaniu na Joan sko艅czy masa偶u poszed艂em do ko艣cio艂a i dzi臋kowa艂 Bogu za wprowadzenie Joan w moim 偶yciu. Nie mog臋 sobie wyobrazi膰, co 35 lat by艂by bez niej.