Saturday, February 04, 2012

Weather & tapes. Pogoda i taśmy.

Unfortunately, the weather forecast for the next week is the same.............COLD.  It certainly diminishes the appetite for going outside although we still do when necessary. It's the first year in the last five when it's been this cold.  I knew I should have bought those Sorel boots when I was in America. Oh well, hindsight!!

I found a software program made by Roxio for transfering our old VCR tapes to DVD's.  This is important for us because we have so many complete games of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls.  These are something you can't find for sale and so we cherish them. I was going to order the Program from Roxio for $59 but found it on Amazon.com for $42.  When I started to place the order there was an additional charge of $26 for shipping so I checked Amazon.com.U.K. and found I could order it from there for $36 WITHOUT shipping charges.  I placed the order today.  It's going to take some time to make the DVD's because we have 70 VCR tapes and each is about 5 hours long.  It will be like when I spent three months copying all of our record albums to DVD's to bring to Poland.

Niestety, prognoza pogody w przyszłym tygodniu to samo ............. COLD. To na pewno zmniejsza apetyt na dzieje na zewnątrz, choć nadal robić, gdy jest to konieczne. Jest to pierwszy rok w ciągu ostatnich pięciu kiedy to było to zimno. Wiedziałem, że powinienem był kupić te buty Sorel, kiedy byłem w Ameryce. No cóż, celownik!

Znalazłem oprogramowania dokonany przez Roxio do przenoszenia nasze stare kasety magnetowidu na DVD. Jest to ważne dla nas, ponieważ mamy tak wiele pełnych gier Michael Jordan i Chicago Bulls. Są to coś, czego nie można znaleźć na sprzedaż i tak pielęgnować je. Chciałem zamówić program z Roxio do 59 dolarów, ale znaleźć go na Amazon.com za 42 dolarów. Kiedy zacząłem złożyć zamówienie było dodatkowa opłata w wysokości 26 dolarów za wysyłkę więc sprawdziłam Amazon.com.UK i znalazł mógłbym zamówić go stamtąd za 36 dolarów bez opłat żeglugowych. Podałem kolejność dziś. To zajmie trochę czasu, aby zrobić DVD, ponieważ mamy 70 taśmy magnetowidu i każdy jest około 5 godzin. To będzie jak gdy spędziłem trzy miesiące kopiowanie wszystkich naszych albumach płytowych na DVD wprowadzić w Polsce.

2 comments:

  1. Kris Murawski6:23 PM

    Many negative comments from the users about this Roxio product. Please share your experience after you have tried it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris,
    I read the reviews after your message and cancelled the order. It's a pity because I've never had problems with other Roxio products but I don't need the aggravation I read about in the reviews.

    ReplyDelete