Saturday, February 04, 2012

Weather & tapes. Pogoda i ta艣my.

Unfortunately, the weather forecast for the next week is the same.............COLD.  It certainly diminishes the appetite for going outside although we still do when necessary. It's the first year in the last five when it's been this cold.  I knew I should have bought those Sorel boots when I was in America. Oh well, hindsight!!

I found a software program made by Roxio for transfering our old VCR tapes to DVD's.  This is important for us because we have so many complete games of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls.  These are something you can't find for sale and so we cherish them. I was going to order the Program from Roxio for $59 but found it on Amazon.com for $42.  When I started to place the order there was an additional charge of $26 for shipping so I checked Amazon.com.U.K. and found I could order it from there for $36 WITHOUT shipping charges.  I placed the order today.  It's going to take some time to make the DVD's because we have 70 VCR tapes and each is about 5 hours long.  It will be like when I spent three months copying all of our record albums to DVD's to bring to Poland.

Niestety, prognoza pogody w przysz艂ym tygodniu to samo ............. COLD. To na pewno zmniejsza apetyt na dzieje na zewn膮trz, cho膰 nadal robi膰, gdy jest to konieczne. Jest to pierwszy rok w ci膮gu ostatnich pi臋ciu kiedy to by艂o to zimno. Wiedzia艂em, 偶e powinienem by艂 kupi膰 te buty Sorel, kiedy by艂em w Ameryce. No c贸偶, celownik!

Znalaz艂em oprogramowania dokonany przez Roxio do przenoszenia nasze stare kasety magnetowidu na DVD. Jest to wa偶ne dla nas, poniewa偶 mamy tak wiele pe艂nych gier Michael Jordan i Chicago Bulls. S膮 to co艣, czego nie mo偶na znale藕膰 na sprzeda偶 i tak piel臋gnowa膰 je. Chcia艂em zam贸wi膰 program z Roxio do 59 dolar贸w, ale znale藕膰 go na Amazon.com za 42 dolar贸w. Kiedy zacz膮艂em z艂o偶y膰 zam贸wienie by艂o dodatkowa op艂ata w wysoko艣ci 26 dolar贸w za wysy艂k臋 wi臋c sprawdzi艂am Amazon.com.UK i znalaz艂 m贸g艂bym zam贸wi膰 go stamt膮d za 36 dolar贸w bez op艂at 偶eglugowych. Poda艂em kolejno艣膰 dzi艣. To zajmie troch臋 czasu, aby zrobi膰 DVD, poniewa偶 mamy 70 ta艣my magnetowidu i ka偶dy jest oko艂o 5 godzin. To b臋dzie jak gdy sp臋dzi艂em trzy miesi膮ce kopiowanie wszystkich naszych albumach p艂ytowych na DVD wprowadzi膰 w Polsce.