Monday, August 05, 2013

Hats!









We went back to the hat store today to buy a hatpin for Joan's hats but in the back of my mind were the two hats we saw yesterday.  We both liked them and so once we had the hatpin I suggested to Joan to try on the two hats. One she really liked and the other just didn't suit her once she had it on. Of course, the owner brought over another summer hat of a different color, pale lavender, and Joan tried it on. She loved it on her head and it matched perfectly with the blouse she had on.  She couldn't decide which one she liked best so I suggested she take them both.  Seeing Joan happy is the most important thing to me so I told the lady we would take them both.  I asked the lady if she had hat boxes to put them in but she replied she only had bags for them.  I thought boxes would be better to keep them in but they weren't possible to get.  As a gift, the lady gave Joan four hatpins for the four hats we have purchased from her this year and Joan was also happy about that. We are soon to celebrate 38 years together and, God willing, we will have many more.  If not, then the uppermost thing in my life is to show her the love and respect I have for her and all that she has done for me. In my older age it seems I've developed a fedish for buying hats and shoes for Joan. In this word "fedish" I mean something that has a significant positive impact. Maybe I've become the "Mad Hatter" from Pozna艅 :-)

We leave for Krakow on Friday but the day before the weather prediction is 101F. Fortunately for us the prediction goes down for the weekend between 76- 80F for the days we will be there.  101F would be unbearable for us, much, much too hot although some will like that kind of weather.

Dzisiaj udali艣my si臋 z powrotem do sklepu z kapeluszami, aby kupi膰 szpilk臋 do kapeluszy Joanny, ale w mojej pami臋ci utkwi艂y dwa kapelusze, kt贸re widzieli艣my wczoraj. Obojgu nam si臋 podoba艂y i po zakupie szpilki zasugerowa艂em Joan, by je przymierzy艂a. Jeden od razu jej si臋 spodoba艂, a drugi po prostu jej nie pasowa艂 po w艂o偶eniu na g艂ow臋. Oczywi艣cie, w艂a艣cicielka przynios艂a inny letni kapelusz w innym kolorze, bladej lawendy i Joan przymierzy艂a go. Podoba艂 jej si臋 bardzo i doskonale pasowa艂 do bluzki, kt贸r膮 mia艂a na sobie. Nie mog艂a si臋 zdecydowa膰, kt贸ry z nich podoba jej si臋 bardziej, wi臋c zaproponowa艂em kupno ich obu. Widzie膰 Joan szcz臋艣liw膮 jest dla mnie najwa偶niejsze, wi臋c powiedzia艂em pani, 偶e we藕miemy oba. I zapyta艂em, czy ma pud艂a na kapelusze, aby je w nich umie艣ci膰, ale ona odpowiedzia艂a, 偶e ma tylko torby. My艣la艂em, 偶e lepiej by艂oby trzyma膰 je w pude艂kach, ale nie by艂o mo偶liwo艣ci ich pozyskania. Jako upominek, pani da艂a Joan cztery szpilki do czterech kapeluszy zakupionych od niej w tym roku, co bardzo Joan ucieszy艂o. Wkr贸tce b臋dziemy 艣wi臋towa膰 38. rocznic臋 naszego ma艂偶e艅stwa i je艣li B贸g pozwoli, b臋dziemy mie膰 ich du偶o wi臋cej. Je艣li nie, to najwa偶niejszym w moim 偶yciu jest, aby okazywa膰 jej mi艂o艣膰 i szacunek, jaki dla niej mam za wszystko, co dla mnie zrobi艂a. W moim starszym wieku wydaje si臋, 偶e stworzyli艣my fedish na zakup nakry膰 g艂owy i but贸w dla Joan. W tym s艂owie "fedish" mam na my艣li co艣, co ma bardzo pozytywny wp艂yw. Mo偶e sta艂em si臋 "Szalonym Kapelusznikiem" z Poznania :-)

Wyje偶d偶amy do Krakowa w pi膮tek, ale na dzie艅 przed wyjazdem przewiduje si臋 101F. Na szcz臋艣cie dla nas temperatura spada na weekend na oko艂o 76 - 80F oraz pozostanie na tym poziomie przez wszystkie dni naszego pobytu. 101F by艂oby nie do zniesienia dla nas o wiele, wiele za gor膮co, cho膰 niekt贸rzy lubi膮 tego rodzaju pogod臋.