Wednesday, June 20, 2018

AH! Mrozona.

Started off the day with a nice conversation in Spanish with the lady from Warsaw and after that I went to have my picture taken for my International Drivers License. Actually, I had 6 copies made because I have to send in 2 with the IDL application and I will need 4 for my Polish citizenship application when I can finally apply for it. Karen sent the documents to us this week so I hope it won't be too long before I can go to the Birth Registry office. That is the first step in the process.

I had to wait 15 minutes for the photos and since the place is close to the rynek, I went there for a Cafe Mrozona while I was waiting. The waitress was surprised it was only me and she asked where my wife was. I told her that Joan was home writing the shopping list for tomorrow.

On the way back I stopped at cousin Maciej and Violetta's new businees to see how it was coming along. We talked for about 45 minutes.

Upon returning home, Joan and I went for a long walk around the neighborhood. Now she is preparing a Cobb salad for dinner.

Rozpoczął dzień od miłej rozmowy po hiszpańsku z panią z Warszawy, a potem pojechałem, aby zrobić zdjęcie dla mojej Międzynarodowej Licencji Kierowców. Właściwie to miałem 6 kopii, ponieważ muszę wysłać 2 za pomocą aplikacji IDL i będę potrzebował 4 dla mojego wniosku o obywatelstwo polskie, kiedy będę mógł w końcu ubiegać się o to. Karen wysłała nam dokumenty w tym tygodniu, więc mam nadzieję, że nie potrwa to długo, zanim będę mógł udać się do biura urodzenia. To pierwszy krok w tym procesie.
Musiałem czekać 15 minut na zdjęcia, a ponieważ miejsce jest blisko rynku, poszedłem tam na Cafe Mrzona, gdy czekałem. Kelnerka była zaskoczona, że ​​to tylko ja i ona zapytała, gdzie jest moja żona. Powiedziałem jej, że Joan w domu pisze listę zakupów na jutro.

W drodze powrotnej zatrzymałem się u nowych kuzynów Macieja i Violetty, żeby zobaczyć, jak to się dzieje. Rozmawialiśmy przez około 45 minut.

Po powrocie do domu, Joan i ja poszliśmy na długi spacer po okolicy. Teraz przygotowuje sałatkę Cobb na kolację


 Comencé el día con una agradable conversación en español con la señora de Varsovia y después fui a tomarme una foto para obtener mi licencia de conducir internacional. En realidad, hice 6 copias porque tengo que enviar 2 con la aplicación IDL y necesitaré 4 para mi solicitud de ciudadanía polaca cuando finalmente pueda solicitarla. Karen nos envió los documentos esta semana, así que espero que no pase mucho tiempo antes de que pueda ir a la oficina del Registro de Nacimientos. Ese es el primer paso en el proceso.
Tuve que esperar 15 minutos para las fotos y como el lugar está cerca del rynek, fui allí a tomar un café Mrzona mientras esperaba. La camarera se sorprendió de que fuera solo yo y me preguntó dónde estaba mi esposa. Le dije que Joan estaba escribiendo la lista de compras para mañana.

En el camino de regreso, me detuve ante los nuevos empresarios de primo Maciej y Violetta para ver cómo iba todo. Hablamos durante aproximadamente 45 minutos.

Al regresar a casa, Joan y yo fuimos a dar un largo paseo por el vecindario. Ahora ella está preparando una ensalada de Cobb para la cena.



1 comment:

  1. Hi David,

    Have you been getting ANY of my comments/or email for the past month or so?

    I stopped using my gmail account (or signing in the comments section with it); but to enter this comment, I went back to it.

    So, please respond here and let me know either way. I have been reading and replying to your blog entries, but...

    ~ Stephanie (aka Google Gaggler)

    ReplyDelete