Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Dilemma.

Thinking about yesterdays trip to the doctor I couldn't help but say how different it is here in Poland. In America, the first thing during a doctor visit is the nurse takes your blood pressure, weight and temperature. Here, doctors, in general, do not have nurses. The patient has to take his own blood pressure, weight and temperature and give it to the doctor. X-rays, blood test results or other extra examination results are also kept by the patient. The only thing that is the same is the terrible handwriting of all doctors. It is almost impossible to read, either here or in the U.S.

This morning I had a nice hour long conversation with Carmelo in Spain. He said summer is already there with a temperature of 34c today. That is too hot for me. I am happy with our 25c today.

I have 2 recommendations of barbers here, one charges 30PLN for hair and beard and the other charges 100 PLN.The first is a single operator and the second works in a salon. I really miss my barber in Spain and am tempted to just let my hair grow until next January but I will surely look like a real Santa Claus by then. Also, there is Marcin's wedding on the 23rd and I want to look good for that. My fear is that neither of these 2 barbers will do as good a job cutting my hair and beard as Enrique did. What a dilemma!

Myśląc o wczorajszej wycieczce do lekarza, nie mogłem oprzeć się wrażeniu, że jest inaczej w Polsce. W Ameryce pierwszą rzeczą podczas wizyty lekarskiej pielęgniarka bierze ciśnienie krwi, wagę i temperaturę. Tutaj lekarze w ogóle nie mają pielęgniarek. Pacjent musi wziąć własne ciśnienie krwi, wagę i temperaturę i podać go lekarzowi. Rentgen, wyniki badań krwi lub inne dodatkowe wyniki badania są również przechowywane przez pacjenta. Jedyne, co jest takie samo, to okropne pismo wszystkich lekarzy. Jest prawie niemożliwe do odczytania, tutaj lub w USA.

Dziś rano odbyłem przyjemną, godzinną rozmowę z Carmelo w Hiszpanii. Powiedział, że lato już jest z temperaturą 34 C dzisiaj. To dla mnie za gorące. Jestem zadowolony z dzisiejszej 25c.


Mam 2 rekomendacje fryzjerów tutaj, jeden kosztuje 30zł za włosy i brodę, a drugi za 100 zł. Pierwszy to jeden operator, a drugi pracuje w salonie. Naprawdę tęsknię za moim fryzjerem w Hiszpanii i mam ochotę po prostu pozwolić moim włosom rosnąć do następnego stycznia, ale na pewno będę wyglądał jak prawdziwy Święty Mikołaj. Poza tym jest 23 marca ślub Marcina i chcę dobrze to wyglądać. Obawiam się, że żaden z tych dwóch fryzjerów nie zrobi tak dobrze, jak obcięcie moich włosów i brody, tak jak zrobił to Enrique. Co za dylemat!


 Pensando en el viaje de ayer al médico, no pude evitar decir lo diferente que es aquí en Polonia. En Estados Unidos, lo primero que hace la visita al médico es que la enfermera le tome la presión arterial, el peso y la temperatura. Aquí, los médicos, en general, no tienen enfermeras. El paciente debe tomar su propia presión arterial, peso y temperatura y dársela al médico. El paciente también conserva las radiografías, los resultados de análisis de sangre u otros resultados de exámenes adicionales. Lo único que es igual es la terrible caligrafía de todos los médicos. Es casi imposible de leer, ya sea aquí o en los Estado Unidos.

Esta mañana tuve una agradable conversación de una hora con Carmelo en España. Dijo que el verano ya está allí con una temperatura de 34c hoy. Eso es demasiado caliente para mí. Estoy feliz con nuestro 25c de hoy.


Tengo 2 recomendaciones de barberos aquí, una carga 30PLN para pelo y barba y la otra carga 100 PLN. La primera es un operador único y la segunda funciona en un salón. Realmente echo de menos a mi barbero en España y estoy tentado de dejar crecer mi cabello hasta el próximo enero, pero seguramente me veré como un verdadero Papá Noel para entonces. Además, está la boda de Marcin el día 23 y quiero lucir bien para eso. Mi temor es que ninguno de estos 2 barberos haga un buen trabajo cortándome el pelo y la barba como lo hizo Enrique. ¡Qué dilema!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:29 PM

    Hi David,

    Am trying one more time to re-contact you (and sorry having to put this on your comments blog instead of my email-- but know you are the one editing the comments so, won't be posting this publically).

    I sent you an email re: condolences, but it came back 'failure to send'-- this being some of the data sent back (so you know I have your correct email; and you have replied to me before in past emails at my same address: reallylooking@mail.com):

    This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

    A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
    its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
    failed:

    piekar66@hotmail.com:


    Anyway, I notice NO comments are coming in to your blog (including ones I have recently posted) so, am wondering IF something occurred on your end to block the comments...). I only ask because you have always responded to me and others regularly, thus, am puzzled and a bit concerned.

    Also, want to ad, am sending this by Anonymous, as I don't want to send it through my google account (which I don't want to use anymore); and I tried the middle option too, but, since I am not hearing back from you since stopping use of Google, am wondering if this is messing things up)???

    Please reply one way or the other (my email or via this blog), so I can stop bothering you about this matter. Thanks!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete