Friday, September 21, 2018

They are ready!

Big change in weather tomorrow, dropping from 27c to 17c, with rain most of the day. It is suppose to last for one week. It may be time to close the outdoor cafes. We took advantage of today and sat in the Empik kawiarnia for a few hours on this nice day drinking coffee and talking.

Earlier I had a conversation in Polish with the lady from Bydgoszcz and then a meeting with Radek. It was our last one for two week because he leaves for Serbia and Bulgaria next week.

My translator emailed me and said the translations will be done Monday afternoon. I will have to wait until Oct. 8th to take them to the Civil Registry office because the woman who accompanies me is in Warsaw on business until then and I need her to translate for me. Then it will take another 3 weeks to get the official registrations back so the 1st week of November should be the starting date of my application for Polish citizenship. The waiting period begins then for an answer if it is accepted, up to 2 years.

Od jutra duża zmiana w pogodzie, spadek temperatury z 27C do 17C, z deszczem przez większą część dnia. Przypuszczalnie potrwa to tydzień. Być może nadszedł czas, aby zamknąć kawiarnie na świeżym powietrzu. Skorzystaliśmy z dzisiejszego dnia i w ten miły dzień siedzieliśmy w kawiarni Empik przez kilka godzin, popijając kawę i rozmawiając.

Wcześniej rozmawiałem po polsku z panią z Bydgoszczy, a następnie z Radkiem. To było nasze ostatnie, ponieważ w przyszłym tygodniu wyjeżdża do Serbii i Bułgarii.

Mój tłumacz przysłał mi e-mail, w którym powiedział, że tłumaczenia zostaną wykonane na poniedziałek po południu. Będę musiał poczekać do 8 października, aby zabrać je do urzędu stanu cywilnego, ponieważ towarzysząca mi kobieta jest do tego czasu w Warszawie w interesach , a ja potrzebuję ją, aby tłumaczyła na żywo. W takim przypadku powrót do USC zajmie kolejne 3 tygodnie, dlatego pierwszy tydzień listopada powinien być datą rozpoczęcia mojego podania o polskie obywatelstwo. Okres oczekiwania rozpoczyna się wtedy, gdy odpowiedź zostanie przyjęta i może to trwać do 2 lat.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 PM

    Megads! I would be stir-crazy by now....
    David, you have the patience of Job...that's the only thing that's gonna get you through this to your PL Citizinship day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:06 PM

    Whoops...THAT Anon comment was from me, Stephanie
    (I try NOT to use google anymore-- but for notes on the photos,
    I'm forced to sign in; that is why I've been using mostly Anonymous and then my name in the comments section-- takes longer as I have to
    wade thru the Capchas, but...better than always using google)....

    ReplyDelete