Monday, April 01, 2024

Easter travels.

It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm still here at this keyboard. Joan went to bed at about 10:00 and lately, I find myself staying up later and later. It's the only time I have to myself and not thinking about her although here I am writing about her also. She's never really out of my thoughts, even now. Pictures are on the right side of this blog.

Lately, I have been checking my backup drives to make sure they all have the same content of equal files. All of the data I've collected on family history is important to me. I've been told external drives will be obsolete in a few years with the "Clouds" storing everything for you but my trust level in that hasn't changed my mind about the drives. So, counting the last one, I keep 4 of them.

I'm listening to Neil Young tonight. He was never one of my favorites but now I appreciate his music more.

It was a fairly nice Easter day here so I took Joan for a stroll around Solacki Park and then a little excursion to the town center. 

Oddly enough, this delay in military support to Ukraine by House Speaker, Mike Johnson has had a positive effect on Europe.

The political infighting in Washington and its impact on sustaining the flow of military aid to Ukraine in the required quantities has, fortunately, resulted in galvanizing much of Europe. More and more of its leaders realize that the EU itself has to get its act together, stand on its own two feet, and, in order to withstand the threat from Russia, be able to defend itself with or without US backup. Source Kyiv Post

Jest 1:30 nad ranem, a ja wciąż siedzę przy klawiaturze. Joan poszła spać około 22:00, a ostatnio coraz częściej nie śpię. To jedyny czas, kiedy mam czas dla siebie i nie myślę o niej, chociaż tutaj też o niej piszę. Tak naprawdę nigdy nie zniknęła z moich myśli, nawet teraz. Zdjęcia znajdują się po prawej stronie tego bloga.

Ostatnio sprawdzałem moje dyski z kopiami zapasowymi, aby upewnić się, że wszystkie mają taką samą zawartość plików. Wszystkie dane, które zebrałem na temat historii rodziny, są dla mnie ważne. Powiedziano mi, że dyski zewnętrzne staną się przestarzałe w ciągu kilku lat, gdy "chmury" będą przechowywać wszystko za ciebie, ale mój poziom zaufania do tego nie zmienił mojego zdania na temat dysków. Tak więc, licząc ostatni, mam ich 4.

Słucham dziś Neila Younga. Nigdy nie był jednym z moich ulubionych, ale teraz bardziej doceniam jego muzykę.

To był całkiem ładny wielkanocny dzień, więc zabrałem Joan na spacer po Parku Solackiego, a potem na małą wycieczkę do centrum miasta. 

Co dziwne, opóźnienie wsparcia wojskowego dla Ukrainy przez marszałka Izby Reprezentantów, Mike'a Johnsona, miało pozytywny wpływ na Europę.

Polityczne spory w Waszyngtonie i ich wpływ na utrzymanie przepływu pomocy wojskowej dla Ukrainy w wymaganych ilościach na szczęście doprowadziły do ożywienia dużej części Europy. Coraz więcej jej przywódców zdaje sobie sprawę, że sama UE musi wziąć się w garść, stanąć na własnych nogach i, aby stawić czoła zagrożeniu ze strony Rosji, być w stanie bronić się z amerykańskim wsparciem lub bez niego. Źródło Kyiv Post

No comments:

Post a Comment