Monday, July 01, 2024

What a day!

We were awake at 9:30, I made breakfast for us and checked my email. While I was doing that, a gust of wind came through the open window, and blew the blind in front of the window off. As it fell, it hit the desk in front of the window and broke the plastic holders that held the blind in place. There was no way to put it back up. I tried several alternatives but nothing worked. My friend, Pawel, came over to see if he could help but in the end, nothing worked.

The blind is necessary during the daytime because it blocks the light shining in my eyes while I use the laptop. I had to replace it. 

We went to BricoMarche(like Home Depot) and found the same style of blinds available. Even though I had measured the size I needed, there were many colors in different shades. I thought it useful to guess which shade of brown I needed and decided to go back home to take a piece of the old one with me to match.

While we were home, our bank called and wanted to talk to Joan. I knew she wouldn't be able to answer all questions they might have so I told the person I had a power of attorney for Joan because of her dementia. He said he could only talk to Joan and that ended the conversation.

Wondering what they wanted, I called the bank, I told them what happened and they said they would need a copy of the notarized power of attorney. I dressed Jaon and we went to the bank.

At the bank, they made a copy and said it had to be sent to Warsaw where the law department would check it. When they are done, they will send an affidavit to the Poznan branch and we will have to come in and sign it.

That is how our day went.

Obudziliśmy się o 9:30, zrobiłem śniadanie i sprawdziłem pocztę. Kiedy to robiłem, podmuch wiatru wpadł przez otwarte okno i zdmuchnął roletę.
Spadając, uderzyła w biurko przed oknem i połamały się plastikowe uchwyty, które utrzymywały roletę na miejscu. Nic nie działało. Mój kolega Paweł przyszedł zobaczyć, czy może pomóc, ale ostatecznie nic z tego nie wyszłoł. Roleta jest niezbędna w ciągu dnia, ponieważ blokuje światło slonecznep świecące mi w oczy podczas korzystania z laptopa. Musiałem ją wymienić.

Poszliśmy do BricoMarche (jak Home Depot) i znaleźliśmy ten sam styl rolet. Mimo że zmierzyłem rozmiar, którego potrzebowałem, było wiele kolorów w różnych odcieniach. Pomyślałem, że warto zgadnąć, jakiego odcienia brązu potrzebuję i postanowiłem wrócić do domu, aby zabrać ze sobą kawałek starej rolety, by  dopasować kolory.

Kiedy byliśmy w domu odebrałem połączenie z naszego bank i jego pracownik chciał rozmawiać z Joan. Wiedziałem, że nie będzie w stanie odpowiedzieć na wszystkie pytania, więc powiedziałem tej osobie, że mam pełnomocnictwo dla Joan z powodu jej demencji. Powiedział, że może rozmawiać tylko z Joan i to zakończyło rozmowę. Zastanawiając się, czego chcą, zadzwoniłem do banku, powiedziałem, co się stało, a oni odpowiedzieli, że będą potrzebować kopii notarialnie poświadczonego pełnomocnictwa. Ubrałem J9ani pojechaliśmy do banku.

W banku zrobili kopię i powiedzieli, że trzeba ją wysłać do Warszawy, gdzie sprawdzi ją dział prawny. Po czym wyślą oświadczenie do oddziału w Poznaniu, a my będziemy musieli przyjść i je podpisać. 

Tak minął nasz dzień.

No comments: