Sunday, February 22, 2009

Quiet day.

A quiet day with snow coming down all day. Still no large amonts on the ground but a nice day for walk. We only went a little distance, looked at all of the beautifully covered trees and bushes and then returned home. Joan was busy translating some recipes from a Polish cooking magazine I bought her yesterday, Gotowanie. We use to buy the same one in the U.S. before we moved. Tomorrow we plan to go see the movie Benjamin Button, do a little cleaning and go to Swarzedz to pick up a prescription.

For those of you doing genealogical research, the Polish archives have a new website in Polish and English. You can find it at........http://www.archiwa.gov.pl/?CIDA=607


Spokojny dzień ze śniegiem obniżającym się cały dzień. Jeszcze żadne wielkie ilości na gruncie ale miły dzień dla spaceru. Tylko poszliśmy trochę odległości, wyglądaną w ogóle pięknie pokrytych drzew i krzaków i wtedy wracaliśmy do domu. Joan była zajęte tłumaczenie kilku recept od polskiego gotującego się magazynu, który kupiłem jej wczoraj, Gotowanie. Używamy kupić temu samo jeden w Stanach Zjednoczonych zanim ruszyliśmy się. Jutro, którego planujemy pójść widzą filmu Beniamina Button, robią trochę czyszczenia i idą do Swarzedz by podnieść nakaz.

Dla tych z ciebie robiącego genealogiczne badania, polskie archiwa mają nową witrynę sieci po polsku i angielskim. Możesz znaleźć to przy........

1 comment:

  1. Out my door is quite different. I went to bed Friday night with the idea in mind of flurries to 1 inch of snowfall overnight. I was awakened at 6AM yesterday morning by my snow plow service. I knew they wouldn't have come out for flurries. I was quite astonished to find about 5-6 inches of new snow.

    Last evening the snow emergency kicked in. Here in St. Paul some streets are designated 24 hour snow emergency streets and that's how I got to work quite easily yesterday. Last evening at 9PM the opposite side of my residential street became a snow emergency route and was plowed overnight. About noon I heard the plow doing the east-west cross street, and then about one hour later the plow was back doing the rest of the street in front of my house that was halfway plowed last night. I thought, "Oh sugar, now I have a great big pile at the end of the sidewalk." Much to my delight the private snow plow service I have came back and cleared out the corner on my property as well as the opening straight out of the house to the street, so I won't have climb snow banks to get to the car. I have had the arrangement to get the corner plowed out in the manner for several years so that children can walk across the corner to the nearby school and elderly people in my neighborhood don't have to climb a frozen Mt. Everest to get to the nearby church. We neighbors go together and arrange also for a plow service for the alley.

    My daughter isn't quite so lucky. She lives in an apartment without a garage. So by 9 PM last evening she had to move her car to an east-west street. Then this morning she had to get up early to move it back to the plowed half of the north-south street. Not moving the car means it can be towed and that's about a $180 mistake.

    Snow is a big business here!

    ReplyDelete