Saturday, July 14, 2018

Late Spring....

The rain seems to have left the area for now and the sun has returned. I enjoyed the rain although I doubt the neighbor below us did with our leaking balcony. When the landlord was here and I told him about the new leak, he didn't know anything about it. Evidently the administrator of the building didn't inform him.  We were suppose to meet the landlord today to get the revised contract but late in the evening he changed the meeting to Sunday. I told him it had to be before 17:00 when the match begins between Croatia and France. He agreed it will be between 13:00 and 14:00 in our flat.

So, we have nothing special to do today but with nice weather, 25c already at 11:25, we should go somewhere outdoors for the afternoon.

My Polish partner from Szczecin gave me a very useful website for translating Polish words to English with definitions and sentences. I like it. www.reverso.net. Once again I am building my Polish vocabulary and hope knowing the sentences will remind me how to use the words. It's very kind of him to meet me 3 times a week to help me.  You can also reverse the languages from English tp Polish.

The last two days Joan and I have been doing a late Spring cleaning. It's not our favorite task but it was overdue.

My problem with posting comments is fixed.

Wydaje się, że deszcz opuścił ten teren i słońce powróciło. Cieszyłem się deszczem, chociaż wątpię, by sąsiad pod nami zrobił to z naszym nieszczelnym balkonem. Kiedy właściciel był tutaj i powiedziałem mu o nowym wycieku, nie wiedział o niczym. Najwyraźniej administrator budynku nie poinformował go. Mieliśmy dziś spotkać się z właścicielem, aby uzyskać zmienioną umowę, ale późnym wieczorem zmienił on spotkanie na niedzielę. Powiedziałem mu, że musi to być przed 17:00, kiedy mecz rozpocznie się między Chorwacją a Francją. Zgodził się, że będzie to między 13:00 a 14:00 w naszym mieszkaniu.

Nie mamy dziś nic szczególnego do zrobienia, ale przy ładnej pogodzie, 25c już o 11:25, powinniśmy po południu iść gdzieś na zewnątrz.

Mój polski partner ze Szczecina udostępnił mi bardzo przydatną stronę do tłumaczenia polskich słów na angielski z definicjami i zdaniami. Lubię to. www.reverso.net. Jeszcze raz buduję swoje polskie słownictwo i mam nadzieję, że znajomość zdań przypomni mi, jak używać słów. Bardzo miło, że spotkał się ze mną 3 razy w tygodniu, żeby mi pomóc. Możesz również odwrócić języki z angielskiego tp polskiego.

Przez ostatnie dwa dni Joan i ja robiliśmy późne wiosenne porządki. To nie jest nasze ulubione zadanie, ale było już spóźnione.

Mój problem z publikowaniem komentarzy jest naprawiony.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 PM

    Thanks for sharing the reverse language translator site, David (was looking for a new site to get away from the great google-ly-eyed monster-- i.e. Google monopolizing so much online content/aps)!

    (unfortunately I went back to commenting under the Google Account 'banner', since I initially thought that changing to 'Name/URL/ or 'Anonymous' had been the reason I wasn't seeing any comments at your site. Now that I know that is not the case, I am going to go back to the use of Anonymous signature (but signing w. my familiar name, for your id-ying).

    ~St(i.e.GG)



    ReplyDelete
  2. GG, Yes I like the reverse site also. Just learning words without context doesn't make sense, Now I can easily switch between Spanish and Polish.

    ReplyDelete