After a nice talk this morning with Pedro via WhatsApp, Joan and I went to have her picture taken for the new resident application. I don't know what it is but when the picture is taken she looks a little strange. Of course, you can't smile for these pictures so maybe that has something to with it. In this one, her eyes are so wide open, it just doesn't look like her normal self. The photographer said it looked like a "Most Wanted" picture. I should have had him take another one. The cost of 4 pictures is cheap enough, $8. When we were done we came home and started filling out the application. Surprisingly, they didn't ask for many documents. As usual, there were some questions I didn't know how to answer and I tried calling them for help. I kept getting the message they had too many calls and to try later. At 14:00 they closed so we did not complete the application today.
Another hot day 90F. Even with the breeze blowing through the flat, it was warm inside. The poor grandmother next door had her door open to get some air in the flat because their door opens to the hallway and they have no crossing breeze like we do. I opened all the windows in the hallway in hopes that would help her. She must be in her late 80's and the heat is hard on her.
I had to go back out again and it was, "gor膮co jak w piekle"(hot like in an oven).
Po dzisiejszej mi艂ej porannej rozmowie z Pedro przez WhatsApp, Joan i ja poszli艣my zrobi膰 jej zdj臋cie do nowej aplikacji rezydenta. Nie wiem, co to jest, ale kiedy zdj臋cie zosta艂o zrobione, wygl膮da艂a troch臋 dziwnie. Oczywi艣cie nie mo偶esz si臋 u艣miecha膰 na tych zdj臋ciach, wi臋c mo偶e to ma co艣 z tym wsp贸lnego. Na zrobionych, jej oczy s膮 tak szeroko otwarte, 偶e po prostu nie wygl膮da jak ona. Fotograf powiedzia艂, 偶e wygl膮da to jak zdj臋cie „Poszukiwana”. Powinienem by艂 kaza膰 mu zrobi膰 nast臋pne. Koszt 4 zdj臋膰 jest stosunkowo tani, 8 USD. Kiedy sko艅czyli艣my, wr贸cili艣my do domu i zacz臋li艣my wype艂nia膰 aplikacj臋. Zaskakuj膮ce jest to, 偶e nie prosz膮 o wiele dokument贸w. Jak zwykle pojawi艂o si臋 kilka pyta艅, na kt贸re nie wiedzia艂em, jak odpowiedzie膰 i pr贸bowa艂em do nich zadzwoni膰 po pomoc. Otrzymywa艂em wiadomo艣膰, 偶e maj膮 zbyt wiele po艂膮cze艅 i 偶eby pr贸bowa膰 p贸藕niej. O 14:00 biuro zamkni臋to, wi臋c dzisiaj wniosku nie wype艂nili艣my.
Kolejny gor膮cy dzie艅 90F (32C). Nawet, gdy wiatr wia艂 przez mieszkanie, w 艣rodku by艂o ciep艂o. Biedna babcia z mieszkania obok mia艂a otwarte drzwi, 偶eby dosta膰 troch臋 powietrza do 艣rodka, poniewa偶 ich drzwi otwieraj膮 si臋 na korytarz i nie maj膮 przewiewu tak, jak my. Otworzy艂em wszystkie okna na korytarzu w nadziei, 偶e to jej pomo偶e. Musi mie膰 ponad 80 lat i upa艂 jest dla niej trudny do zniesienia.
Musia艂em znowu wyj艣膰 i to by艂o „gor膮co jak w piekle”.