Sunday, January 26, 2020

Real Juice.

After watching our favorite college basketball team lose their 3rd game out of 18 games, I needed to do something more positive. I decided it was time to make real orange juice from the oranges Carmelo brought.

I took out the electric squeezer we bought last year, cut about 12 oranges in half, and proceeded to let the machine do the work of extracting the juice and pulp from the oranges. When I was done I had a full pitcher of real fresh orange juice, NO preservatives added. The 12 oranges I used barely made a dent in the total amount of oranges I still have left.

A beautiful day today, so without coats or hats, we went to the boardwalk for a nice walk and then a cup of coffee.  Earlier, for breakfast, we had coffee and tostadas. Tonight Joan is making frittatas for dinner.

Po obejrzeniu, jak nasza ulubiona dru偶yna koszyk贸wki z college'u przegrywa swoj膮 trzeci膮 gr臋 z 18 mecz贸w, musia艂am zrobi膰 co艣 bardziej pozytywnego. Uzna艂em, 偶e nadszed艂 czas, aby zrobi膰 prawdziwy sok pomara艅czowy z pomara艅czy przyniesionych przez Carmelo.

Wyci膮gn膮艂em elektryczny wyciskacz, kt贸ry kupili艣my w zesz艂ym roku, przeci膮艂em oko艂o 12 pomara艅czy na p贸艂 i zacz膮艂em pozwala膰 maszynie na ekstrakcj臋 soku i pulpy z pomara艅czy. Kiedy sko艅czy艂em, mia艂em pe艂ny dzban prawdziwego 艣wie偶ego soku pomara艅czowego, BEZ konserwant贸w. Dwana艣cie pomara艅czy, kt贸rych u偶y艂em, ledwo zrobi艂o wgniecenie w ca艂kowitej ilo艣ci pomara艅czy, kt贸re jeszcze mi pozosta艂y.

Pi臋kny dzie艅 dzisiaj, wi臋c bez p艂aszczy i czapek, poszli艣my na deptak na mi艂y spacer, a potem fili偶ank臋 kawy. Wcze艣niej na 艣niadanie mieli艣my kaw臋 i tosty. Tego wieczoru Joan robi frytki na obiad.