Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Brilliant?

Well. I did it. After Joan was in bed, I managed to cut the duct tape into thin strips and using Joan's 2 shoes. placed markers on the floor where her feet should be placed when she tries to walk. It wasn't easy cutting the strips. I could have waited until Monday and gone to a store to but less wide duct tape than I had at home but you know me, impatient. I took a knife and cut through several layers of duct tape that was all around the cardboard roll it was on. Then I divided it into short strips. The problem was removing only 1 strip at a time. That was hard because they stuck together. It took about an hour to set the shoes, toe to heel, mark the position, and then move the shoes forward. After a few steps, I realized her feet would be too close together and made the remaining steps wider apart. We will try out my "brilliant" idea today.

It's good to have female friends. Gosia, one of mine, told me my failed attempt with the olive bread was because I used wheat flour instead of standard bread flour. I chose wheat because I am not fond of white bread. However, the wheat flour bread turned out a little gummy, not like bread should be. Plus, the loaves were already brown after the first 40 minutes of baking and there was no way to make them lightly browned as in the video. Now, with this information, I will try it again. It's just a shame I wasted all of those olives although Gosia said I could make the bread into bread crumbs.

I finally worked through the little problem filing my 2019 U.S. taxes, e=filed it online and it was accepted by the IRS. Now I have only to figure out the Polish taxes by the end of June. One less headache to be concerned about.

Our TV and internet provider notified us that there were changes made to our TV channels in a letter but I didn't really pay attention to it until Zbyszek called last night and asked me if I knew about it. I  said I read the letter but hadn't looked at television today. When I did I found we had NO channels. I panicked for a second and then set the TV to auto-tune itself for channels. When it was done we had over 500 channels of shit to choose from along with 16 radio stations to listen to. 2 are classical music so they will be useful for dinner music.

Cóż, zrobiłem to. Jak Joan leżała już w łóżku, udało mi się pociąć taśmę izolacyjną na cienkie paski i za pomocą 2 butów Joanny oznaczyć miejsca na podłodze, gdzie powinna umieszczać stopy, gdy będzie próbowała chodzić. Nie było łatwo pociąć paski. Mógłbym poczekać do poniedziałku, udać się do sklepu i kupić węższą taśmę niż miałem w domu, ale znasz mnie, jestem niecierpliwy. Wziąłem nóż i przeciąłem kilka warstw taśmy, które znajdowały się wokół rolki, na którą były nawinięte. Następnie podzieliłem je na krótkie paski. Problemem było zdjęcie za każdym razem tylko jednego paska. To było trudne, bo się skleiły. Ustawianie butów, od palców do pięt, zaznaczenie miejsca, a następnie przesunięcie butów do przodu trwało około godziny. Po kilku krokach zdałem sobie sprawę, że jej stopy będą za blisko siebie i wydłużyłem pozostałe kroki. Dzisiaj wypróbujemy mój "genialny" pomysł.

Dobrze jest mieć przyjaciółki. Gosia, jedna z moich koleżanek, powiedziała mi, że moja nieudana próba z chlebem z oliwek polegała na użyciu mąki pszennej zamiast standardowej mąki na chleb. Wybrałem pszenną, ponieważ nie przepadam za białym chlebem. Jednak chleb z mąki pszennej okazał się trochę gumowaty, nie taki jaki chleb powinien być. Ponadto, bochenki były już brązowe po pierwszych 40 minutach pieczenia i nie było możliwości, aby je lekko zarumienić, jak na filmie. Teraz, z tą informacją, spróbuję jeszcze raz. Szkoda tylko, że zmarnowałem te wszystkie oliwki, chociaż Gosia powiedziała, że mogę zrobić z chlebów bułkę tartą.

W końcu poradziłem sobie z małym problem podczas wypełniania moich amerykańskich zeznań podatkowych za 2019 rok. Wypełniłem je online i zostały zaakceptowane przez IRS. Teraz muszę się tylko dowiedzieć, co zrobić z polskimi podatkami do końca czerwca. Jeden ból głowy mniej, by się martwić.

Nasz dostawca telewizji i internetu poinformował nas w liście o zmianach w naszych kanałach telewizyjnych, ale nie zwróciłem na to uwagi, dopóki Zbyszek nie zadzwonił wczoraj wieczorem i nie zapytał mnie, czy o tym wiem. Powiedziałem, że przeczytałem ten list, ale nie oglądałem dziś telewizji. Kiedy włączyłem telewizor zobaczyłem, że nie mamy żadnych kanałów. Spanikowałem na sekundę, a potem nastawiłem telewizor na automatyczne dostrajanie się do kanałów. Kiedy zostało ukończone, mieliśmy listę ponad 500 kanałów do wyboru wraz z 16 stacjami radiowymi do słuchania. Dwie z nich to muzyka klasyczna, więc przydadzą się jako muzyka do słuchania podczas kolacji.

Bien. Lo hice. Después de que Joan estaba en la cama, logré cortar la cinta adhesiva en tiras delgadas y usar los 2 zapatos de Joan. coloca marcadores en el piso donde deben colocar sus pies cuando intenta caminar. No fue fácil cortar las tiras. Podría haber esperado hasta el lunes y haber ido a una tienda con cinta adhesiva menos ancha que la que tenía en casa, pero me conoces impaciente. Tomé un cuchillo y corté varias capas de cinta adhesiva que estaban alrededor del rollo de cartón en el que estaba. Luego lo dividí en tiras cortas. El problema era eliminar solo 1 tira a la vez. Eso fue difícil porque se mantuvieron unidos. Tomó alrededor de una hora colocar los zapatos, poner los pies en el talón, marcar la posición y luego mover los zapatos hacia adelante. Después de unos pocos pasos, me di cuenta de que sus pies estarían demasiado juntos e hice los pasos restantes más separados. Vamos a probar mi idea "brillante" hoy.

Es bueno tener amigas. Gosia, una de las mías, me dijo que mi intento fallido con el pan de oliva fue porque usé harina de trigo en lugar de harina de pan estándar. Elegí trigo porque no me gusta el pan blanco. Sin embargo, el pan de harina de trigo resultó un poco gomoso, no como el pan debería ser. Además, los panes ya estaban dorados después de los primeros 40 minutos de cocción y no había forma de que se doren ligeramente como en el video. Ahora, con esta información, lo intentaré nuevamente. Es una pena que desperdicie todas esas aceitunas, aunque Gosia dijo que podía convertir el pan en migas de pan.

Finalmente resolví el pequeño problema de presentar mis impuestos estadounidenses de 2019, e = lo presenté en línea y fue aceptado por el IRS. Ahora solo tengo que calcular los impuestos polacos para finales de junio. Un dolor de cabeza menos por el que preocuparse.

Nuestro proveedor de TV e Internet nos notificó que se hicieron cambios en nuestros canales de TV en una carta, pero realmente no le presté atención hasta que Zbyszek llamó anoche y me preguntó si lo sabía. Dije que leí la carta pero que no había visto la televisión hoy. Cuando lo hice, descubrí que NO teníamos canales. Entré en pánico por un segundo y luego configuré el televisor para que se sintonizara automáticamente para los canales. Cuando terminó, teníamos más de 500 canales de mierda para elegir junto con 16 estaciones de radio para escuchar. 2 son música clásica, por lo que serán útiles para la música de la cena.

2 comments:

  1. Anna from Florida2:12 AM

    Dear Joan and David,

    What a great progress for Joan. She looks great and with all the therapy and your help she will get better in no time. David you are very inventive person. You come up with things to make easier for Joan to improve faster and give her confidence that she can do it. It take a lot of work but it helps in the long run. As for bread wheat flour contains to much gluten to make good bread. Look for bread flour from German company. They make all different types of bread flour. If you like rye bread you can buy rye bread flour or you can buy whole wheat bread flour if you do not like white bread. You can cut your olive bread into strips and toasted them to be used as bread sticks with soups or with veggies for lunch.
    I wish you both good health and strength in achieving your goals.
    God will give you everything you ask him for and with his help all things are possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anna, Yes, I don't like white bread but I will use the flour just once to see if I can get this bread ri.ght. When I do, then I will try others. The idea of the strips works but Joan resists my attempts. She works better with the therapists. It was like that also when I tried to help her learn Poolish so I am not surprised. I am too strong in my directions. It is my problem to solve and I will.

    Kasia says Joan is ready to try the stairs on Thursday. I don't agree but she is the professional so I will let her try. Bartosz has not mentioned using stairs yet. He works with Joan to make steps bigger and Kasia says it is not important. That is the only difference in their therapies. Neither of them knows about each other coming to us. I suppose I should tell them and maybe they could coordinate therapies.

    ReplyDelete