Thursday, May 14, 2020

The ball.

Kasia came today and added a new element to Joan's therapy, a ball. It's used to strengthen her leg muscles. The first exercise is to place the ball between her knees, squeeze them together, hold it, and then relax. 10 times. The second is to place her foot on the ball and roll it back and forth. The third is with the foot on the ball, make circles, clockwise and counter-clockwise. This is in addition to her other exercises. She also walked around the house without the walker, assisted by Kasia as you can see in the pictures.

This laptop has been overheating and sitting down for quite some time and I am tired of it. I found a recommended place to take it to have it fixed and I'm doing it on Monday. I'll use my backup laptop until this one is fixed.  The problem with the backup is in Skype, everyone sees me upside down. I have tried to rectify the problem but haven't. Maybe I'll have to stand on my head when Skyping. :-)

I did the shopping for the week, cost 149 PLN($35).

Kasia przyszła dziś i dodała nowy element do terapii Joan, piłkę. Służy do wzmocnienia jej mięśni nóg. Pierwszym ćwiczeniem jest umieszczenie piłki między kolanami, ściśnięcie ich razem, przytrzymanie, a następnie rozluźnienie. 10 razy. Drugim jest postawienie stopy na piłce i przetoczenie jej w przód i w tył. Trzeci jest z nogą na piłce, wykonuj koła, zgodnie z ruchem wskazówek zegara i przeciwnie do ruchu wskazówek zegara. Jest to dodatek do jej innych ćwiczeń. Chodziła też po domu bez chodzika, wspomagana przez Kasię, jak widać na zdjęciach.

Ten laptop przegrzewa się i siada od dłuższego czasu i mam tego dość. Znalazłem zalecane miejsce, aby to naprawić i robię to w poniedziałek. Użyję zapasowego laptopa, dopóki ten nie zostanie naprawiony. Problem z kopią zapasową jest w Skypie, wszyscy widzą mnie do góry nogami. Próbowałem naprawić problem, ale nie zrobiłem tego. Może będę musiał stanąć na głowie, kiedy Skyping. :-)

Zrobiłem zakupy przez tydzień, kosztowałem 149 PLN (35 USD).

Kasia vino hoy y agregó un nuevo elemento a la terapia de Joan, una pelota. Se usa para fortalecer los músculos de sus piernas. El primer ejercicio es colocar la pelota entre sus rodillas, apretarlas, sostenerla y luego relajarse. 10 veces. El segundo es colocar su pie sobre la pelota y rodarla hacia adelante y hacia atrás. El tercero es con el pie sobre la pelota, hacer círculos, en sentido horario y antihorario. Esto se suma a sus otros ejercicios. También caminó por la casa sin el andador, asistida por Kasia como se puede ver en las fotos.

Este portátil se ha sobrecalentado y sentado durante bastante tiempo y estoy cansado de ello. Encontré un lugar recomendado para llevarlo a repararlo y lo haré el lunes. Usaré mi computadora portátil de respaldo hasta que esta sea reparada. El problema con la copia de seguridad está en Skype, todos me ven al revés. He intentado rectificar el problema pero no lo he hecho. Tal vez tendré que pararme de cabeza cuando Skyping. :-)

Hice las compras durante la semana, costó 149 PLN (33 Euro).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Every new exercise you mention sounds GREAT to me (and I wonder why I am not doing them)!
    It amazes me that you are handling every single matter that arises (this latest, computer 'heat-up'), and managing to keep your sense of humor (truly a sane choice)!
    Don't know if you realize that you're an inspiration to "keep plugging away" at my own daily affairs and future decisions; but you are (wonder if other readers get inspired too). Anyway, another reason to appreciate your blogging....

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie
    I wonder why I'm not doing some of them myself. Between food shopping, going to Aptekas, post office, washing clothes, doing dishes, cleaning the house, studying Spanish, cleaning Joan 3 times a day, writing emails, and cooking, I should be able to ft some of them in. :-) Oh, and blogging :-)

    ReplyDelete