Wednesday, May 27, 2020

My blog.

This blog started as a way to keep my American cousins informed about our life in Poland. However, the majority of my readers now are people I have never met, physically. If you look at the stats, it reads between 1,500 to 2,500 page views during any given week. Of that, I get comments from about 10 so there are many silent readers. That's OK. I couldn't possibly answer 2,500 comments per week and I do try to answer everyone. If you take the time to comment, it's only right for me to answer.

During the last 13 years, you have learned a lot about Joan and me. I don't believe on holding back my emotions when I write, whether good or bad. Although, now I do try to limit my political views to Saturday when I rant. So much happens during a week that it's hard to hold my feelings about something political until Saturday but I never wanted this to be a political blog.

One thing I am grateful for is that I have made friends with several readers because of this blog. One especially, calling himself only Anonymous, started out telling me I should go back to America but, over the months of commenting and replying, we have gained a mutual respect for each other. That makes me happy.

This blog is also about the wonderful places we have visited, new cultures, new people, and new adventures. I take many pictures so you can visually see the towns, cities, castles, palaces, churches, people, nature, and children wherever we go. I'm taking you with us in spirit. What can I photograph to show the beauty of this place to my readers? That is what I think about with my camera. Now, this blog is for you. I am thankful for your support these last 4 difficult months. It HAS made it a little easier to freely release my thoughts to you.

Bartosz was here at 16:00(4PM) today and walked Joan up and down 2 flights of stairs. When that was over he had her practice just stepping up on 1 stair to strengthen her thigh muscles. From there, he walked with her back and forth in the hallway. Earlier, Joan walked, unassisted from her recliner, around the coffee table, into the dining room, turned around, and walked backed to her chair. It's the first time I have seen her walk unassisted.

Ten blog powstał jako sposób na informowanie moich amerykańskich kuzynów o naszym życiu w Polsce. Jednak większość moich czytelników to osoby, których fizycznie nigdy nie spotkałem. Jeśli spojrzysz na statystyki, odczytuje od 1 500 do 2 500 odsłon w danym tygodniu. Otrzymuję komentarze od około 10, więc jest wielu cichych czytelników. W porządku. Nie mogłem odpowiedzieć na 2500 komentarzy na tydzień i staram się odpowiadać wszystkim. Jeśli poświęcisz czas na komentowanie, odpowiem tylko na to.

Przez ostatnie 13 lat dowiedziałeś się wiele o Joan i o mnie. Nie wierzę w powstrzymywanie swoich emocji podczas pisania, czy to dobrych czy złych. Chociaż teraz staram się ograniczyć moje poglądy polityczne do jednego dnia, do soboty, kiedy rzucam gromy. W ciągu tygodnia dzieje się tak wiele, że trudno jest powstrzymać moje emocje w sprawie czegoś z polityki do soboty, ale nigdy nie chciałam, żeby to był blog polityczny.

Jedną rzeczą, za którą jestem wdzięczny jest to, że zaprzyjaźniłem się z kilkoma czytelnikami z powodu tego bloga. Jeden z nich, nazywając siebie tylko Anonimowym, zaczął mi mówić, że powinienem wrócić do Ameryki, ale przez te miesiące komentowania i odpowiadania zyskaliśmy wzajemny szacunek dla siebie. To mnie cieszy.

Ten blog jest również o wspaniałych miejscach, które odwiedziliśmy, nowych kulturach, nowych ludziach i nowych przygodach. Robię wiele zdjęć, abyście mogli wizualnie zobaczyć miasta, miasteczka, zamki, pałace, kościoły, ludzi, przyrodę i dzieci, gdziekolwiek się udamy. W duchu zabieram cię z nami. Co mogę sfotografować, aby pokazać piękno tego miejsca moim czytelnikom? O tym właśnie myślę moim aparatem. Teraz, ten blog jest dla ciebie. Jestem wdzięczny za wasze wsparcie przez te ostatnie 4 trudne miesiące. Ułatwiło mi to nieco swobodne przekazywanie wam moich myśli.

Bartosz był tu dzisiaj o 16:00 i chodził z Joan w górę i w dół po 2. piętrach schodów. Kiedy skończyli, ćwiczył tylko na jednym stopniu, aby wzmocnić mięśnie ud. Następnie chodził z nią tam i z powrotem po korytarzu. Wcześniej, Joan przeszła bez pomocy od jej fotela, wokół stołu do kawy, do jadalni, odwróciła się i poszła z powrotem na jej fotel. Po raz pierwszy widzę ją idącą samodzielnie.

Este blog comenzó como una forma de mantener informados a mis primos estadounidenses sobre nuestra vida en Polonia. Sin embargo, la mayoría de mis lectores ahora son personas que nunca he conocido, físicamente. Si observa las estadísticas, lee entre 1,500 y 2,500 visitas a la página durante cualquier semana. De eso, recibo comentarios de aproximadamente 10, por lo que hay muchos lectores silenciosos. Está bien. No podría responder 2.500 comentarios por semana y trato de responder a todos. Si te tomas el tiempo para comentar, es correcto que responda.

Durante los últimos 13 años, has aprendido mucho sobre Joan y yo. No creo en contener mis emociones cuando escribo, sean buenas o malas. Aunque, ahora trato de limitar mis puntos de vista políticos al sábado cuando despotrican. Tanto sucede durante una semana que es difícil mantener mis sentimientos sobre algo político hasta el sábado, pero nunca quise que fuera un blog político.

Una cosa por la que estoy agradecido es que me he hecho amigo de varios lectores gracias a este blog. Uno especialmente, llamándose a sí mismo solo Anónimo, comenzó diciéndome que debería volver a Estados Unidos pero, durante los meses de comentarios y respuestas, nos hemos ganado un respeto mutuo. Eso me hace feliz.

Este blog también trata sobre los maravillosos lugares que hemos visitado, nuevas culturas, nuevas personas y nuevas aventuras. Tomo muchas fotos para que pueda ver visualmente los pueblos, ciudades, castillos, palacios, iglesias, personas, naturaleza y niños donde quiera que vayamos. Te llevo con nosotros en espíritu. ¿Qué puedo fotografiar para mostrar la belleza de este lugar a mis lectores? Eso es lo que pienso con mi cámara. Ahora, este blog es para ti. Estoy agradecido por su apoyo estos últimos 4 meses difíciles. Ha facilitado un poco liberar libremente mis pensamientos.

Bartosz estuvo aquí a las 16:00 (4PM) de hoy y acompañó a Joan arriba y abajo 2 tramos de escaleras. Cuando terminó, él hizo que su práctica simplemente subiera 1 escalera para fortalecer los músculos de sus muslos. Desde allí, caminó con ella de un lado a otro en el pasillo. Anteriormente, Joan caminó, sin ayuda de su sillón reclinable, rodeó la mesa de café, entró al comedor, se dio la vuelta y caminó hacia su silla. Es la primera vez que la veo caminar sin ayuda.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the extra therapy is really working for Joan. Keep up the good work. My arthritis has progressed to the point I can't do stairs. It doesn't help that we have lived in one-story houses for over 30 years either. I do get around a pretty well with either a walker or cane, since I live in fear of falling. I think it was Bette Davis that said - old age is not for sissies. I love all your photos - especially the flowering trees and shrubs. I love the Arizoa desert, but miss the Midwest Spring weather - lilacs. Don't get discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shaz. Joan is making progress as you can see in this video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zcMFQ-zeI8. I can't allow the word discouragement into our vocabulary. I also enjoy the changing of the seasons, maybe not summer so much because of the occasional high temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Dear David and Joan, Well its a big thank you that you remember me, and of course embarrass me for those harsh words, which were said in good fun and to support an argument, there was never any ill will or malice intended.. It would be of little value to discuss politics if we were to always agree with each other, you have every right to firmly hold your point of view, in our lifetime we will never actually know who had the winning argument. I have been meaning to email you and let you know a bit about myself, hence I use anonymous, purely because I don't trust the internet and of course I like my own privacy.
    David, I have been reading your blog, almost from day 1, I like your style and your approach to life, you would make good company in any environment, Your love, support and care for Joan has inspired us all, keep up the good work and keep the blog going. (I enjoy reading you Rant blog on Saturday )
    I'm sure you find benefits living in Poland, something you may want to discuss in your future blogs
    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, certainly I meant no embarrassment to you and since Anonymous could be anybody, don't take it that way. I'll look forward to your private email. I have mentioned the benefits of living in Poland several times and will continue to do so. Thanks for being a reader.

    ReplyDelete