Friday, January 01, 2010

New Years Eve in Strzeszyn Grecjki.


Joan and I watched the fireworks all around us from the balcony last night and welcomed in the New Year. Poznań spent half a million zloty on fireworks this year and they would in ten different locations around the city so it was easy to see them in the distance.

Earlier in the day my computer was attacked by a nasty virus called "Personal Security" and it took me six hours to get rid of it and clean the machine before I wrote this. I have Norton Anti-virus protection but it didn't stop it from getting in.

Today was just a day of relaxing with nothing special to do. It snowed last night, about 1 inch, so it looks nice outside now.


Joan i patrzyłem, fajerwerki wokół nas z balkonu wczoraj wieczorem i przywitał Nowy Rok. Poznań na pół miliona złotych na fajerwerki w tym roku i będą one w dziesięciu różnych miejscach miasta, więc łatwo było je zobaczyć w oddali.

Wcześniej tego dnia mój komputer został zaatakowany przez paskudny wirus zwany "Bezpieczeństwo osobiste" i zajęło mi sześć godzin, aby się go pozbyć i wyczyścić maszynę przed napisaniem tego. Mam program Norton Anti-wirus zabezpieczenie, ale nie powstrzymało go od getting in

Dziś właśnie dnia relaks z niczego specjalnego robić. To śnieg w nocy, około 1 cm, więc wygląda nieźle poza teraz

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to be at a place where this happens. Maybe in Europe this is popular for New Year's because those countries celebrate their Independence Days, if they have them, in a very different way. The most popular place for fireworks in Saint Paul is now across the river from my home. However, with a temperature at 0 in the Farenheit scale, the zest for fireworks on New Year's doesn't exist. I miss the the 4th of July, too, because that's when I come to Poland to teach English!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    Low temperatures don't stop the celebration here. It was -2 and thousands of people turned out to welcome the New Year. I would think in Minnesota that is not so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Minnesota temperatures do run a bit cooler than Poland. I've kept track now for more than 5 years. The worst I've seen is -35 F twice. It is not uncommon for -10 at this time of the year, floating into January. There will be fireworks just out my door when the Winter Carnival ends in late January, but I'll be arriving in Hungary about 3 days before these fireworks. Oh, well, I'll be "stuck" here next year.

    ReplyDelete