Monday, March 15, 2010

Waiting game.

Today was the day to make my next appt. with the doctor. I arrived at 10AM, was told by the receptionist I had to go to registration and fill out more papers. Fortunately, it only took 20 minutes to do that and then I returned to the office of the doctor. The receptionist said I had to wait for my file to be brought to her so the doctor could look at my history. I waited, 11AM passed and noon passed and nothing was happening. I sat and waited until 12:45PM, walked up to the receptionist and told her I wouldn't wait any longer not knowing how many more hours would pass before it was my time. I left and will return tomorrow morning for another round of waisting time waiting. I just LOVE this medical system, it's so messed up you can't imagine it unless you experience it. But who's complaining? :-)

Dzisiaj był dzień do mojej następnej appt. z lekarzem. I przybył 10AM, został poinformowany przez recepcjonistę miałem iść do rejestracji i wypełnić kilka dokumentów. Na szczęście, tylko brał 20 minut do tego i potem wrócił do urzędu z lekarzem. Recepcjonista powiedział, że musiał czekać na moje sprawy mogły być wprowadzane do niej tak lekarz może spojrzeć na historię. Czekałam, 11AM minęło i południe minęło i nic się nie dzieje. Siedziałem i czekałem aż 12:45, podszedł do recepcji i powiedział jej, że nie będzie już dłużej czekać nie wiedząc ile jeszcze godzin minie, zanim to był mój czas. Wyszedłem i wróci jutro rano do kolejnej rundy waisting czasu oczekiwania. I just love this system medyczny, it's so messed up nie można sobie wyobrazić ile nie doświadczenia. Ale kto narzeka? :-)

6 comments:

  1. If the health bill passes in the US we can expect the same treatment.
    I was told by some friends from Poland that you have to pay cash to get a better treatment at the doctor office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,

    We love here our medical care system, too ;) That is why we celebrate waiting in the corridors ;)

    Of course, I am joking. Hope you finally meet your doctor tomorrow and that everything is OK :)

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are right Ann. If I pay the fee of 300zl I am sure I will get in quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marek9:04 PM

    David sorry to hear this, your health comes first and if you pay 500zl you will have VIP treatment, unfortunately I hear too often that if your a non pole you get the run around until you bribe, just a fact of Polish life, look after yourself and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I study the health systems in Central Europe I find they have two problems. They are under-funded compared to what is enjoyed in Western Europe and the United States. Also they are understaffed. This is exacerbated by the outflow of health professionals to countries where the wages are better. Also e-health lags significantly behind in Europe compared to some places in America. Notice I said some places. If I put a date item into my record it is automatically available to my physician. However, last summer I worked with a physician from Chicago who as a radiologists works in several health systems. Not a one of them had this same feature in Chicago.

    I beg to differ from one of the commenters. Extending health care to all in the United States will not make much difference to any of us who already have health care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More discussion on this issue. Just read a chapter in a text about health care systems in the countries that joined the EU in 2004. Compared to those countries, Poland is very short of physicians and also on the low end of hospital beds per 100,000 persons compared to the other 2004 EU accession countries.

    ReplyDelete