Monday, October 18, 2010

Finals and new Malta Swimming Complex




Cold day today in Poznań.

Today the finals began for the Chopin competition.  Miroslav Kultyshev (Russia)Programme: Fryderyk Chopin - Concerto E minor op. 11; Daniil Trifonov (Russia)Programme: Fryderyk Chopin - Concerto E minor op. 11; Paweł Wakarecy (Poland)Programme: Fryderyk Chopin - Concerto F minor op. 21 and Evgeni Bozhanov (Bulgaria) were todays performers.  There are 10 out of the 91 contestants left.

An interesting thing happened today.  By nature, I am somewhat of a stubborn person and when I set my mind on something I strive fairly hard to achieve it.  The breakdown of my old laptop has bothered me since I could not find an answer as to why it happened  and the advise I received from MS, HP and a repairman did not help me at all.  Therefore I made the decision to buy a new laptop.

Well, today I started searching on the internet for answers to what a black screen with only a white cursor was caused by.  I read about 7 articles, descriptions of the problem and possible causes.  You have to understand that I could not get anything on my screen, no startup message, no password screen, no icons, nothing.  I tried previously hitting the F8 button which gives you the Safe Mode screen and Restore to the last good configuration button but they didn't work at all.  So in the 8 article I read, one sentence in the third paragraph said, "Press the F11 button when you turn on your computer and the Restore System button will appear.  Follow the instructions".

I did exactly what it said and guess what, my system was restored on the old laptop to the last good configuration and now I have two laptops that are working.  I was happy and sad at the same time.  Happy that I finally solved the unsolvable problem but angry that I had spent money on a new computer because no one could tell me how to fix the problem.  Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Dziś finał rozpoczął się dla Konkursu Chopinowskiego. Miroslav Kultyshev (Rosja) W programie: Fryderyk Chopin - Koncert e-moll op. 11; Daniil Trifonov (Rosja) W programie: Fryderyk Chopin - Koncert e-moll op. 11; Paweł Wakarecy (Polska) W programie: Fryderyk Chopin - Koncert F-moll op. 21 i Evgeni Bozhanov (Bułgaria) były dzisiejszych wykonawców. Istnieje 10 z 91 zawodników po lewej stronie.


Ciekawostką się dzisiaj. Z natury jestem trochę upartą osobą i kiedy mogę ustawić na czymś staram dość trudne do osiągnięcia. Podział moim starym laptopie nie przeszkadza mi, ponieważ nie mogłem znaleźć odpowiedź, dlaczego tak się stało i doradza, jakie otrzymałem od MS, HP i mechanik nie pomoże mi w ogóle. Dlatego podjąłem decyzję o zakupie nowego laptopa.

Cóż, dzisiaj zacząłem szukać w Internecie odpowiedzi na to, co się czarny ekran z białym kursorem, tylko była spowodowana. Czytałem o 7 artykułów, opisy problemu i możliwe przyczyny. Musisz zrozumieć, że nie mogłem nic na ekranie, bez żadnego komunikatu o starcie, nie ekran hasła, nie ma ikon, nic. Próbowałem wcześniej uderzenie przycisku F8, który daje ekranu Tryb awaryjny i przywracanie do ostatniej dobrej konfiguracji, ale przycisk nie działa w ogóle. Tak więc w 8 artykule czytam, jedno zdanie w akapicie trzecim powiedział: "Naciśnij przycisk F11 po włączeniu komputera i przycisk Restore System pojawi. Postępuj zgodnie z instrukcjami".

Zrobiłem dokładnie to, co powiedział, i wiecie co, mój system został przywrócony na starym laptopie do ostatniej dobrej konfiguracji i teraz mam dwa laptopy, które pracują. Byłam szczęśliwa i smutna zarazem. Szczęśliwy, że w końcu rozwiązać nierozwiązywalny problem, ale zły, że spędziłem pieniędzy na nowy komputer, bo nikt nie może mi powiedzieć jak rozwiązać ten problem. No cóż, to tak to jest czasami.

1 comment:

  1. Another way to delete anything that might be causing problems is to disconnect the power cord from the computer, remove the battery and then press the start button for 1 minute. Gateway told me to do this once. Also my daughter's power was off at her house and her computer acted like yours. We did the above procedure and it came back to life. Apparently a power surge disrupted the memory card.

    ReplyDelete