Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm back.

Computer meltdown caused my absence these last few days.  Saturday morning when I tried to login  all I got was a black screen with a white cursor.  I tried everything to fix the problem with no luck.  Finally I called a repairman, left a message for him that I needed help but got not reply.  Sunday I called back and he told me he no longer repaired computers and to call Microsoft on Monday.  I called and they said it was an HP problem to call them in Germany for help.  I  called them and they said call Microsoft in Poland for help.  I called them and they said call HP in America and after the 4th call I was told it would probably cost between 1500-2000 zl to fix the laptop.  Joan and I talked it over and decided it would wiser to just buy a new computer with a guarantee than fix the old one.

So today I spent in Saturn, Komputronix, Sferis and Wobis looking at different setups and prices.  In the end I bought an ASUS 15" laptop, smaller than I wanted but I also bought a 22" LED monitor screen, wireless keyboard and mouse.  In essence I have a larger screen now but still have the ability to take a laptop with me when we take our little trips.

Krachu Computer spowodowane moją nieobecność tych ostatnich kilku dni. Sobota rano przy próbie logowania wszystko, co mam był czarny ekran z białym kursorem. Próbowałem wszystkiego, aby rozwiązać problem bez powodzenia. W końcu zadzwoniłem do serwisanta, zostawił wiadomość dla niego, że potrzebuję pomocy, ale nikt nie odpowiada. Niedzielę oddzwonił i powiedział mi, że już naprawione komputery i wezwanie Microsoft w poniedziałek. Zadzwoniłem i powiedzieli, że był problem HP, aby połączyć je w Niemczech o pomoc. Zadzwoniłem do nich i powiedzieli, połączenia w Microsoft Polska za pomoc. Zadzwoniłem do nich i powiedzieli w HP w USA i po 4 połączenia Powiedziano mi, będzie to prawdopodobnie kosztować od 1500-2000 zł naprawić laptopa. Joan i ja rozmawialiśmy go i postanowił to mądrzejszy po prostu kupić nowy komputer z gwarancją niż naprawić stary.

Tak więc dzisiaj spędziłem w Saturn, Komputronix, Sferis i Wobis patrząc na różne konfiguracje i ceny. W końcu kupiłem ASUS 15 "laptop, mniejszy niż chciałem, ale też kupił 22" ekran LED monitor, bezprzewodową klawiaturę i mysz. W zasadzie mam większy ekran, ale teraz jeszcze zdolności do podjęcia ze sobą laptopa, gdy bierzemy nasze małe wycieczki.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed getting things fixed while in Europe is a problem. I killed my Kindle while I was there. Amazon gave me only a U.S phone number to call, nothing over e-mail other than that. I'm so glad I didn't use up the money to call. When I called from the States, it was the poorest customer service I've ever had. The call center had so many conversations going and so many people talking at one time, I could hardly determine which question I was to answer. The result was just fine. Amazon send me a new one with a label to return the old one. I walked into UPS and they knew exactly it was an Amazon return and it didn't cost me anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoosier413:09 PM

    David

    For curiosity how much did the new computer set you back ???.

    Also did you have a good back up ???

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoosier41, Around $900. Yes, everything was backed up on an external drive, a bi-weekly process for me. I'm also a Hoosier..........Hammond, Indiana :-)

    ReplyDelete