Sunday, June 30, 2013

Jerez & Rota

Joan is well enough to travel so we headed up route A7 to A381 that took us through some lovely sunflower covered fields and numerous wind generator farms. Jerez is close to Rota and I did spend some time there in my youth but I wanted to show Joan the town of Rota and where I spent two years of my early life.

Jerez de la  Frontera is a municipality in the province of Cadiz in southwestern Spain situated midway between the sea and the mountains. As of 2013, the city, the largest in the province, had 215,180 inhabitants; it is the fifth largest in Andalusia. It has become the transportation and communications hub of the province and, in terms of land area, the largest municipality in the province, and its sprawling outlying areas are a fertile zone for agriculture. There are also many cattle ranches and horse-breeding operations, as well as a world-renowned wine industry.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment