Friday, February 17, 2017

Beauties.

Mejer sisters, Magdalena and Anna.
 
Just two of the many beautiful cousins I have and two I haven't met....yet but before my years run out I hope to.
 
We returned to the normal gray days, no surprise. It was wonderful seeing the sun shine for four days like it did.
 
Joan went to the doctor to get a skierowanie(referral) to have a chest x-ray. She has had a persistent dry cough for the last three weeks and our neurologist thinks it might be caused by one of the blood pressure medications she takes. He wants to make sure she has no infection or something else going on before he changes her meds again. Personally. I think it is the medication.
 
Back in my world of Skype problems, I have tried everything I could find to resolve the problem of this laptop shutting during conversations but to no avail. It seems my only recourse is to install the whole system over again but that takes a lot of time because I use so many other software programs that will need to be reinstalled by me when the system is back. Even then. I can't be sure it is not the laptop itself that has the problem. Maybe the fan does not function properly and causes the overheating but I hear it working.  Before I start this process I will have to complete our tax returns for the U.S. with a software program I use.

Dwóch z wielu pięknych kuzynów, których mam i dwóch, których jeszcze nie spotkałem  .... ale mam nadzieję, że tak, zanim moje lata dobiegną końca.

Wróciliśmy do normalnych szarych dni, co nie jest zaskoczeniem. To było cudowne widzieć słońce świecące przez cztery dni, jak to miało miejsce.

Joan udała się do lekarza, aby otrzymać skierowanie na prześwietlenie klatki piersiowej. Ona miała uporczywy suchy kaszel w ciągu ostatnich trzech tygodni, a nasz neurolog uważa, że może to być spowodowane przez jeden z leków na ciśnienie krwi, który bierze. Chce mieć pewność, że nie ma infekcji lub nie dzieje się nic innego, zanim ponownie zmieni  leki. Osobiście myślę, że to jest lek.

Wracając do mojego świata problemów ze Skype, próbowałem wszystkiego, aby udało mi się znaleźć, jak rozwiązać problem z laptopem, który wyłącza się w czasie rozmów, ale bezskutecznie. Wydaje się, że moją jedyną możliwością jest na nowo zainstalować cały system, ale to zajmuje dużo czasu, ponieważ używam tak wielu innych programów, które będą musiały zostać ponownie przeze mnie zainstalowane, po reinstalacji systemu. Nawet wtedy nie mogę być pewien, że to nie  sam laptop  jest  problemem. Może wentylator nie działa prawidłowo i powoduje przegrzanie, ale słyszałem, że działa. Zanim zacznę ten proces będę musiał zakończyć nasze zeznania podatkowe dla USA w programie, który  używam.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:40 AM

    I sent you an email a while ago, have you tried blowng out the fan and vents with a tin of comressed air, your problem may be down to the graphics card overheating, just make sure the laptop is powered off and keep the tin upright so that you dont blow compressed liquid.

    Kindest regards to you both

    Krzysztof

    ReplyDelete