Monday, September 16, 2019

I'm ready.

Yet another bad/good experience with bureaucracy. I picked up the translated documents for my driver's license and went to make the application. Sitting in front of the elderly lady I asked if she spoke any English. She replied with an emphatic NO. I asked if there was anyone else there who spoke English and she said the girl was at home, sick. I said I would try using Polish but she wouldn't accept my documents because I didn't speak Polish. Fortunately, the lady in the next area overheard our conversation and said there WAS someone next to her who spoke in English and I could wait to speak with her. This first woman made me angry. Not because she didn't speak English but because she lied about there being no one there who did. In fact, her supervisor spoke English as well.

The woman who took care of my documents was much younger and had no problem completing the information and entering it into the system. She gave me my test registration number and told me I had to go to the building where they give the actual test.

I arrived there, went to the information desk but there was no one there. Next to it was the cashier behind a glass sliding door, passage through only by a ticket obtained from a machine. I pressed the button for a ticket but nothing came out. I  did it twice with the same result. A second person came, tried it and had the same result. When someone was coming out of the cashier's place, he walked in and told her about the machine. In a few minutes, a lady came out, put a new roll of paper in the machine and we received our tickets.

When it was my turn to go in, I told the lady I spoke a little Polish, gave her my ID card and wanted to sign up for the next theory drivers test. She entered all the information, said the cost was 100.50 PLN($26) and the next test was tomorrow at 17:00. I agreed with the time, paid the fee and so tomorrow will be my first try for a Polish license.

Kolejne złe / dobre doświadczenie z biurokracją. Wziąłem przetłumaczone dokumenty do mojego prawa jazdy i poszedłem złożyć wniosek. Siedząc przed starszą damą zapytałem, czy mówi po angielsku. Odpowiedziała zdecydowanie NIE. Zapytałem, czy jest jeszcze ktoś, kto mówi po angielsku, a ona powiedziała, że ​​dziewczyna jest w domu, chora. Powiedziałem, że spróbuję użyć języka polskiego, ale ona nie zaakceptuje moich dokumentów, ponieważ nie mówię po polsku. Na szczęście pani w sąsiednim obszarze podsłuchała naszą rozmowę i powiedziała, że ​​był obok niej ktoś, kto mówił po angielsku i mogłem się doczekać, aby z nią porozmawiać. Ta pierwsza kobieta mnie zdenerwowała. Nie dlatego, że nie mówiła po angielsku, ale dlatego, że skłamała, że ​​nikogo tam nie ma. W rzeczywistości jej przełożony również mówił po angielsku.

Kobieta, która zadbała o moje dokumenty, była znacznie młodsza i nie miała problemu z uzupełnieniem informacji i wprowadzeniem ich do systemu. Dała mi mój numer rejestracyjny testu i powiedziała, że ​​muszę udać się do budynku, w którym przeprowadzają właściwy test.

Przyjechałem tam, poszedłem do punktu informacyjnego, ale nikogo tam nie było. Obok znajdowała się kasjer za szklanymi przesuwanymi drzwiami, przez które przechodził tylko bilet otrzymany z maszyny. Nacisnąłem przycisk biletu, ale nic nie wyszło. Zrobiłem to dwa razy z tym samym rezultatem. Przyszła druga osoba, wypróbowała ją i miała ten sam wynik. Kiedy ktoś wychodził z kasy, wszedł i powiedział jej o maszynie. Po kilku minutach wyszła pani, włożyła nową rolkę papieru do maszyny i otrzymaliśmy nasze bilety.

Kiedy przyszła moja kolej, powiedziałem kobiecie, że mówię trochę po polsku, dałem jej mój dowód osobisty i chciałem zapisać się na następny test teoretyczny. Podała wszystkie informacje, powiedziała, że ​​koszt to 100,50 PLN, a następny test miał być jutro o 17:00. Zgodziłem się z czasem, uiściłem opłatę, więc jutro będzie moja pierwsza próba polskiej licencji.

12 comments:

  1. Good luck on your test! You've prepared so diligently that I know you'll do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powodzenia jutro! Trzymam kciuki ;-)

    Good luck tomorrow! Fingers crossed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:41 AM

    Good luck David, stay positive.
    David you feedback page may not be working, 2 previous replies not acknowledged?...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. I'd like to give that lady a going over. In Poland the people respond to such ignorant behavior with the question "What year do you think it is? 1975?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe me, when applying for a travel visa to USA is much more worse bureaucracy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tori, I can only imagine with Orange Head in charge now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. John, yes, she only needed a uniform from the "old days" to complete the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. where is freedom of speech when you don't publish comments, disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  9. where is freedom of speech when you don't publish comments, disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon, what comment wasn't posted?

    ReplyDelete