Does any American reading this blog know what a 'drying rack" is? I know many Americans use electric or gas-drying machines to dry clothes. In Poland, the majority of people use drying racks or clotheslines to dry clothes. The first time I saw a "rack" I thought they were a little strange but after using it, for Joan and I it works perfectly. It may not suit a family of 3 or 4 but for a single person or two, it is efficient and saves money by not using electricity. On sunny days, I can do a wash in the morning and by evening it is dry. When the sun isn't out, like in winter, it still works inside the flat to dry the clothes. It may not be until the next day but it still works. Have you seen them in America? The picture above is our drying rack.
Still not able to eat too easily, I took Joan to the Empik cafe for coffee and bought her a piece of chocolate cake. I tried a bite but the area of the removed teeth is still too tender.
In the evening when we were watching a movie, all of a sudden the screen turned black and i could not get it to turn off. About every 10 seconds it would make a noise and the only way to stop it was to unplug the electricity. I tried different things to correct the problem but nothing worked. We ended up watching the rest of the movie on my laptop. Tomorrow I will have to call and see if I can get a repairman to come to our flat. Chances are good that I will have to take the television to their shop for repair. Hopefully, it is repairable. It is only 3 years old, a Samsung Smart TV.
Czy jakikolwiek Amerykanin czytaj膮cy tego bloga wie, co to jest "suszarka"? Wiem, 偶e wielu Amerykan贸w u偶ywa suszarek elektrycznych lub gazowych do suszenia ubra艅. W Polsce wi臋kszo艣膰 ludzi u偶ywa suszarek lub sznurk贸w do suszenia ubra艅. Kiedy pierwszy raz zobaczy艂em "wieszak", pomy艣la艂em, 偶e s膮 troch臋 dziwne, ale u偶ywaj膮c je dla Joan i dla mnie, sprawdzaj膮 si臋 idealnie. Mog膮 nie pasowa膰 dla rodziny sk艂adaj膮cej si臋 z 3 lub 4 os贸b, ale dla jednej lub dw贸ch os贸b jest to wydajne i pozwala zaoszcz臋dzi膰 pieni膮dze, poniewa偶 nie zu偶ywaj膮 energii elektrycznej. W s艂oneczne dni mog臋 zrobi膰 pranie rano, a wieczorem jest ju偶 suche. Kiedy nie ma s艂o艅ca, na przyk艂ad zim膮, suszarka nadal dzia艂a wewn膮trz mieszkania, aby wysuszy膰 ubrania. Mo偶e suszenie trwa do nast臋pnego dnia, ale nadal dzia艂a. Czy widzia艂e艣 je w Ameryce? Zdj臋cie powy偶ej to nasz stojak do suszenia.
Wci膮偶 majac klopot z jedzeniem zabra艂em Joan do kawiarni Empik na kaw臋 i kupi艂em jej kawa艂ek ciasta czekoladowego. Spr贸bowa艂em ugry藕膰, ale obszar usuni臋tych z臋b贸w jest nadal zbyt wra偶liwy.
Wieczorem, gdy ogl膮dali艣my film, nagle ekran zrobi艂 si臋 czarny i nie mog艂em go wy艂膮czy膰. Mniej wi臋cej co 10 sekund wydawa艂 jakie艣 d藕wi臋ki i jedynym sposobem na ich zatrzymanie by艂o od艂膮czenie go od pr膮du. Pr贸bowa艂em r贸偶nych rozwi膮za艅, ale nic nie zadzia艂a艂o. Sko艅czy艂o si臋 na tym, 偶e reszt臋 filmu obejrzeli艣my na moim laptopie. Jutro b臋d臋 musia艂 zadzwoni膰 i sprawdzi膰, czy uda mi si臋 sprowadzi膰 serwisanta do naszego mieszkania. Istnieje du偶e prawdopodobie艅stwo, 偶e b臋d臋 musia艂 zabra膰 telewizor do ich warsztatu w celu naprawy. Mam nadziej臋, 偶e da si臋 go naprawi膰. Telewizor Samsung Smart TV ma zaledwie 3 lata.