Thursday, August 17, 2023

Sandals

 A little cooler today so I took Joan out to buy a pair of sandals but they were not available anymore at the store in Pestka. Next, I took her to Poznan Plaza and we did find a store and sandals that she liked. Her old pair were very old and needed to be replaced. She is happy with the new ones.

Yesterday, she had an appointment with the doctor but I fell asleep in the afternoon and we missed the meeting. Now we will have to wait until Monday. She is feeling better but her cough still persists.

I tried a new recipe, stuffed green peppers. It took longer than I thought it would to prepare everything. I made four of them stuffed with diced tomatoes, rice, onions, garlic, mozzarella, salt, and pepper. They were good so I will keep the recipe.

Stian Jenssen, head of the Secretay General's office, made a mistake when he suggested that Ukraine could give up parts of Ukraine to Russia in exchange for NATO membership.

The immediate reaction of Ukraine from the chief of staff to the President denounced that view as appalling and indulging murderers. 

Jenssen quickly clarified his remarks in the Norwegian publication stating:

"My comments during that time were part of a larger conversation about potential future scenarios for Ukraine. I shouldn't have phrased it that way. It was a mistake".

Dzi艣 troch臋 ch艂odniej, wi臋c zabra艂em Joan, aby kupi膰 par臋 sanda艂贸w, ale w sklepie w Pestce ju偶 偶adnych nie by艂o. Nast臋pnie zabra艂em j膮 do Pozna艅 Plaza i znale藕li艣my sklep i sanda艂y, kt贸re jej si臋 podoba艂y. Sandaly, kt贸re nosi s膮 bardzo stare i wymagaj膮 wymiany. Joan jest zadowolona z nowych but贸w. 

Wczoraj byla um贸wiona na wizyt臋 u lekarza, ale po po艂udniu zasn膮艂em i nie zd膮偶yli艣my na spotkanie. Teraz b臋dziemy musieli poczeka膰 do poniedzia艂ku. Czuje si臋 lepiej, jednak kaszel nadal si臋 utrzymuje.

Wypr贸bowa艂em nowy przepis na faszerowan膮 zielon膮 papryk臋. Przygotowanie wszystkiego zaj臋艂o wi臋cej czasu ni偶 my艣la艂em. Zrobi艂em cztery papryki nadziewane pokrojonymi w kostk臋 pomidorami, ry偶em, cebul膮, czosnkiem, mozzarell膮, sol膮 i pieprzem. By艂y dobre, wi臋c zachowam przepis.

Stian Jenssen, szef NATO, pope艂ni艂 b艂膮d sugeruj膮c, 偶e Ukraina mog艂aby odda膰 Rosji cz臋艣膰 Ukrainy w zamian za cz艂onkostwo w NATO.

Natychmiastowa reakcja Ukrainy, ze strony szefa sztabu  prezydenta Ukrainy, pot臋pi艂a ten pogl膮d jako przera偶aj膮cy i pob艂a偶aj膮cy mordercom. 

Jenssen szybko wyja艣ni艂 swoje uwagi w norweskiej prasie, stwierdzaj膮c:

"Moje komentarze w tym czasie by艂y cz臋艣ci膮 wi臋kszej rozmowy na temat potencjalnych przysz艂ych scenariuszy dla Ukrainy. Nie powinienem by艂 sformu艂owa膰 tego w ten spos贸b. To by艂 b艂膮d".