Sunday, January 07, 2024

New potential plan for check.

A friend gave me a new possible solution to our check problem. The advice was to take the Santander Bank in Frankfurt, Germany. That's about a 2-hour drive in the western direction. I could do that with Joan accompanying me and I wouldn't have to search for someone to stay with her. He said to ask our American consulate for a solution before I make the trip. I should also call the bank to see if it is possible to cash the check there. It's a little bit desperate but then that is the situation now. If that doesn't work, we'll send it back to the U.S.

Well, 3 Kings Day is over and I should have taken down the Christmas tree but put it off until Thursday. During the first 3 days of this week I have enough to do every day,

My friend also told me about a new series to watch, 1670, on Netflix. It's a Polish film but Netflix also allows English subtitles. Even better, it is available in the English language. It's the first time I have seen them do that with a Polish film.

With the war in Israel still going on, I have been posting about Ukraine because it is lost among the media systems and people are still dying there also.

Znajomy podsun膮艂 mi nowe rozwi膮zanie naszego problemu z czekami. Poradzi艂 mi, abym uda艂 si臋 do Santander Bank we Frankfurcie w Niemczech. To oko艂o 2 godzin jazdy w kierunku zachodnim. M贸g艂bym to zrobi膰 z towarzysz膮c膮 mi Joan i nie musia艂bym szuka膰 kogo艣, kto m贸g艂by z ni膮 zosta膰. Powiedzia艂, 偶ebym zapyta艂 nasz ameryka艅ski konsulat o rozwi膮zanie, zanim wyrusz臋 w podr贸偶. Powinienem te偶 zadzwoni膰 do banku, aby sprawdzi膰, czy mo偶na tam zrealizowa膰 czek. To troch臋 desperackie, ale taka jest teraz sytuacja. Je艣li to nie zadzia艂a, wy艣lemy go z powrotem do USA.

C贸偶, Dzie艅 Trzech Kr贸li si臋 sko艅czy艂 i powinienem by艂 rozebra膰 choink臋, ale od艂o偶y艂em to do czwartku. Przez pierwsze 3 dni tego tygodnia mam wystarczaj膮co du偶o do zrobienia ka偶dego dnia,

M贸j przyjaciel powiedzia艂 mi r贸wnie偶 o nowym serialu do obejrzenia, 1670, na Netflixie. To polski film, ale Netflix umo偶liwia r贸wnie偶 angielskie napisy. Co wi臋cej, jest dost臋pny w j臋zyku angielskim. To pierwszy raz, kiedy widz臋, 偶e robi膮 to z polskim filmem.

Poniewa偶 wojna w Izraelu wci膮偶 trwa, pisa艂em o Ukrainie, poniewa偶 zagin臋艂a ona w systemach medialnych, a ludzie wci膮偶 tam gin膮.