Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pay the doctor?

I went to see the neurologist in Swarzedz today. It's the first town east of Poznań. I left early for a 6:50PM appointment in case I had trouble finding the place. It's on Wilkonski street, naturally in a house in a residential area. One person was waiting when I walked in and the receptionist was behind the desk. She took my information, told me to sit down and then at 6:45 put on her coat and said she was going home. A door opened, a patient walked out and the waiting person walked in. 20 minutes later she walked out and I walked into the office and was greeted by the doctor. He did a real examination, like the I had at the University of Chicago hospital. He's the third neurologist I have seen since I've been in Poznań and the first to do an examination, take a family history and ask a lot of questions. When we were done, he wrote out prescriptions and set the date for the next meeting. I asked him how much I owed, he told me and I paid him. Yes, I actually paid the money directly to the doctor. This is so different from the U.S.


Poszedłem zobaczyć neurologa w Swarzedz dzisiaj. To jest pierwszy miejski wschód Poznań. Opuściłem wcześnie do 6:50PM umówiony termin w przypadku miałem kłopot znajdujący miejsce. To jest na Wilkonski ulicy, naturalnie w domu w mieszkaniowym obszarze. Jedna osoba czekała kiedy wszedłem i recepcjonista był za biurkiem. Ona zasięgnęła mojej informacji, powiedziała, żebym siadał i wtedy o 6:45 kładą na jej płaszczu i powiedzieli, że ona idzie do domu. Drzwi otworzyły się, pacjent wyszedł i czekająca osoba weszła. 20 minut później ona wyszła i chodziłem do biura i byłem witany przez doktora. On zrobił rzeczywisty badanie, jak, który miałem na Uniwersytecie szpitala Chicago. On jest trzecim neurologiem, którego zobaczyłem odkąd byłem w Poznań i pierwszy by robić badanie, wziąć historię rodziny i zadać dużo pytań. Kiedy byliśmy zrobieni, on wypisał nakazy i ustalał datę dla następnego spotkania. Pytałem go ile byłem winnym, on powiedział mi i zapłaciłem mu. Tak, faktycznie zapłaciłem pieniądze bezpośrednio doktorowi. To jest tak różne ze Stanów Zjednoczonych

No comments:

Post a Comment