Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!


We have an American friend who lived in Gdansk with his wife(Polish) and daughter. In February, after 5 years, they decided to move back to the U.S. What has happened to them in an incredibile story I thought I would share with you.

My name is Jay born in New Jersey and I'm the Father of a little Angel named Pamela and Husband of my other Angel and wife Asha. We have been victims of immigration abuse and separated in the worst way possible. My Family and I moved to Poland where my wife's from looking for a better life and resided there for 5 years and when we decide to come back to the U.S. cause we think the winters are too harsh and don't wanna raise our daughter between 4 walls most of the year, the American embassy in Poland decides to start pushing us around and abusing their power and position. When we decided to fill out a petition we called the embassy and they made it sound like it was going to be easy to get the immigration Visa. We make a 6 hour train trip one way, (12 hour total) to get to the American embassy, making a huge sacrifice taking a day off from work, spending money on train fare and taking our baby with us. When we get there we were treated like dirt by the Americans that work there, they didn't want to answer any questions then asked for more money that they had not asked for on the phone when we previously called. We knew we had to travel far so we asked them several times before we hung up the phone and they said, yes that's all the money you need. Well that wasn't the case. Then they said that I would need a sponsor and I asked them clearly if my Parents that live in Puerto Rico could sponsor my Wife Asha and they clearly said yes, we asked them again several times before we took that 6 hour train ride back home. Well on we go and contacted my parents and had them fill out the forms and mailed them to us and we make that sacrifice and rode the train for 6 hours to get to the embassy and when we get there they tell us that my parents don't make enough money and that I'd need anouther co-joint sponsor. They never told us that there was an amount limit required by the sponsor. So we ask them again clearly cause we are frightened by these people at the embasssy cause we by then could see how vicious they are and their bad intentions. Well here we go again on the train dragging our little baby and riding back home for 6 hours. Now we ask my sister that lives in Puerto Rico to sponsor my wife Asha so she went through the hassle of filling out the forms and mailing them to us. For a 3rd time we get on a train again to take that 6 hour train ride (12 hours both ways) and when we get there these evil beings decide to tell us then that Puerto Rico doesn't count as American territory and that noone from Puerto Rico could sponsor my wife Asha. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ???? Why tell us that the 3rd time that we've been there and not the first time ??? These people don't have a heart and care less if you are bleeding to death making that 3 hour line holding a baby to see them. Noww they tell me that the only way that the immigration visa would be issued for my wife is if I move to the U.S. first and leave them behind, in otheer words this tight Family haas to be broken up. They say I need to provide proof of residence and work, utility bills, bank statements and mail them to my wife then they'll see if they issue the immigration visa. WHY WAIT UNTIL THE 3RD TIME THAT WE GO THERE TO TELL ME THAT I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE U.S. WITHOUT MY FAMILY AND PUT US THROUGH ALL OF THAT TRAVELING, MONEY SPENDING, AND DISHEARTENING EXPERIENCE ??? Everytime we go there they change the requirements. My wife walked out of there in tears. These is the way that the 5 americans that live in Poland get treated when they step in American territory, "United We Stand" Right. Well after everything we went through we didn't achieve anything and I had to find strength from within to leave my Wife and Daughter at the airport and walk away to get on the plane as my Daughter screamed Papa, Papa, Papa. My heart ripped in a million pieces and a piece of my soul was taken away that day. I've been skyping with my Girls and I feel my heart twitch when I see and hear my little Daughter on the webcam. Every Morning My Daughter Pammy the first thing she does is walk up to the computer and scream "Papa, Papa". I don't know if I could live with the fact that these important time will never come back, babies grow quick and change quickly in appearance and behavior, it's not 6 months in the life of an adult. Plus us addults understand better what's going on but a baby doesn't understand why Papa is not around anymore. Although I have tried so hard, have not found steady work and provide proof of work in this recession but now recently found a job. I'm running behind money wise and legal wise and I'm just reaching out to you people to see someone can help me and my girls reunite, maybe you can make a donation so I could pay the Lawyers bill which cost 1,200, I figure if I had 1,200 myspace friends and each donated a dollar then I couldd cover the bill. Maybe a lawyer could help me too. I'ts been 5 months and I feel like I'm dying slowly, my wife and Daughter misss each other and are losing our heads, it's hard to sleep and it's hard to make it through the day and function normally when you can feel every mile between America and Europe. I hope someone outthere finds in his/her heart to lend a hand, whetheer is financial, legal help or moral support. I am even willing to go on TV if I have to and tell my story to expose these heartless people. If you want to make a donation please send me a message and also you caan help by reposting bulletins and letting everyone know about my situation. My Family and I will appreciate it from the bottom of our beaten hearts, this is a cry for help, God Bless you all.

4 comments:

  1. David,

    This sounds like a dreadful story. I don't know first hand how they treat people from Puerto Rico, but this sponsoring stuff sounds ridiculous. If you are married, you are married that should be the end of the story.

    I do have to wonder why they didn't initiate the paperwork years ago while they were peacefully living in Gdansk. It takes time, just like our paperwork for my son. It took 10 months, we were in Poland for 11 months. Glad we stared when we started.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you and am so sorry that all I can offer is my moral support. Your daughter must be missing you terribly. My experience is not as bad as all that but after leaving the American Embassy in Warsaw my Polish husband said that the worst communists work at the US Embassy. The Embassy instead of processing our request for an Immigrant/Permanent Resident visa in the stated 6 months, sat on it for 2 years despite my regular phone calls and assurances that everything was all right (in their opinion). That's why I decided to move to Poland to stay with my husband.
    About the sponsorship, I didn't realize that sponsors from Puerto Rico were not allowed but the whole sponsor thing and income requirements is explained on the application form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:08 PM

    Sorry David, but the reality is that once you relinguish being a US citizen (not being US born) you have to start from scratch.
    Bribes and poor customer service is a way of life in Poland.
    The hospital system is the worse, best to be up front and pay bribes up front and be ensured a smooth ride.
    What is wrong living in Poland??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:18 AM

    Dear Joan and David,

    Please advise Jay to check US Immigrationa nd Citizenship website on the Internet. It is not true about Puerto Rico.
    There is a statement that anyone can be sponsor of immigrant if they live in US, US teritories and posessions, so Puerto Rico will most certainely qualify.
    As for income there is a table showing what is required and how to figure it out.

    I hoep that this will help Jay to build up his case some more to proof that embassy workers were wrong.

    I hope everything will work out for your friend.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete