Saturday, May 26, 2018

A road

ERIC PIEKARCZYK
I only have a picture now,
A frozen piece of time,
To remind me of how it was,
When you were here, and mine....
  • Stories 175
  • Shares 2455
  • Favorited 47
  • Votes 2630
  • Rating 4.61


Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poems/death/son/
DEC. 27, 1968-MAY 24, 2018
I only have a picture now,
A frozen piece of time,
To remind me of how it was,
When you were here, and mine....

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poems/death/son/
I only have pictures now,
Frozen piece of time,
To remind me of how it was,
When you were here and mine...


During this saddest time in my life I hope the celebration of Joan's birthday will lift her spirits as well as my own. I was going to cancel it and know she would understand but we need something to get us on a road to recovery so I am doing it. I may not write about it or what we did for a few days but I will eventually when I can. I am so up and down at any moment. A memory or a thought of Eric comes into mind and tears are automatic, I have no control. The grief in my heart is overwhelming. If there is any solace it's that it happened very quickly and he did not suffer........but he was so young. My family research has ended, I have no son to pass it to.

W tym najgorszym czasie mojego życia mam nadzieję, że świętowanie urodzin Joan podniesie na duchu zarówno ją jak i mnie. Miałem zamiar to odwołać i wiem, że ona zrozuiałaby, ale potrzebujemy czegoś, co pomoże nam znależć się na drodże do ozdrowienia, więc to zrobię. Może się zdarzyć, że nie będę przez kilka dni pisać o tym, co robiliśmy, ale zrobię to gdy. Kiedy będę już mógł, Teraz raz czulę się lepiej, raz gorzej. Wciąż przychodzą wspomnienia i myśli o Ericu, a łzy pojawiają się automatycznie, nie mam nad tym kontroli. Smutek w moim sercu jest przytłaczający, Jedyną pociecha jest, że stało się to bardzo szybko i nie cierpial......ale taki młody. Moje poszukiwania rodzinne zakończyły się, nie mam syna, któremu mógłbym to przekazać.

En este momento tan triste de mi vida, espero que la celebración del cumpleaños de Joan le levante el ánimo tanto como a mí. Iba a cancelarlo y sabía que ella lo entendería, pero necesitamos algo que nos ayude a recuperarnos, así que lo estoy haciendo. Puede que no escriba sobre eso o lo que hicimos durante unos días, pero eventualmente lo haré cuando pueda. Estoy tan arriba y abajo en cualquier momento. Recuerdo o recuerdo a Eric y las lágrimas son automáticas, no tengo control. El dolor en mi corazón es abrumador. Si hay consuelo es que sucedió muy rápido y no sufrió ........ pero era muy joven. La investigación de mi familia ha terminado, no tengo un hijo a quien pasarla.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:43 PM

    To Dear David and Joan, heartfelt sympathy to you in this difficult time, prayers and a spirit of being close is assured, sudden and unexpected events are the worst to deal with, sometimes tears are the only option, however memories of the good times bring some well needed relief. David and Joan you are good people, have been excellent parents, you could have not done any more, leave it now to a person of a higher being and await the time when you will be again united. take care Mark.

    ReplyDelete