Thinking about what to do for a wheel chair for Joan I checked several websites in Poland and all of them had the chairs with the BIG wheels in the back and somewhat heavier. Nothing like the one we are using here in Spain.
I emailed Jim, who gave the one we have now, to see if it's possible to get one through his organization but he said there was too much red tape involved. He did tell me, however, about a pharmacy/orthopedic center a half mile from where we are staying that might be able to help. I could easily find it by going down the boardwalk to the location. So, we did and I found it.
They do sell several models, one that is almost exactly like the one we have but a different manufacturer. I talked to someone about buying one before we leave but first have to figure out how to get it back to Poland.
I made my first Paprakasz tonight, not from the recipe Joan has because we forgot pack it, but from one on the internet. It didn't taste as good as Joan's. Maybe because I had to substitute pecante pimiento spice for papryka or the fact that I forgot to add the sour cream. It was eatable anyway but nothing I would repeat. This cooking thing is new to me.
Zastanawiaj膮c si臋, co zrobi膰 z w贸zkiem inwalidzkim dla Joan, sprawdzi艂em kilka stron internetowych w Polsce i wszystkie mia艂y krzes艂a z du偶ymi ko艂ami z ty艂u i nieco ci臋偶sze. Nic podobnego do tego, kt贸rego u偶ywamy tutaj w Hiszpanii.
Wys艂a艂em e-maila do Jima, kt贸ry poda艂 ten, kt贸ry mamy teraz, aby sprawdzi膰, czy mo偶na go dosta膰 przez swoj膮 organizacj臋, ale powiedzia艂, 偶e w gr臋 wchodzi zbyt du偶o biurokracji. Powiedzia艂 mi jednak o aptece / o艣rodku ortopedycznym o p贸艂 mili od miejsca, w kt贸rym si臋 zatrzymali艣my, co mo偶e pom贸c. Z 艂atwo艣ci膮 mog艂em go znale藕膰 przechodz膮c promenad膮 do miejsca. Tak zrobili艣my i znalaz艂em to.
Sprzedaj膮 kilka modeli, jeden prawie taki, jaki mamy, ale innego producenta. Rozmawia艂em z kim艣 o kupieniu przed wyjazdem, ale najpierw trzeba si臋 dowiedzie膰, jak go odzyska膰 w Polsce.
Zrobi艂em m贸j pierwszy Paprakasz dzi艣 wieczorem, nie z przepisu Joan, poniewa偶 zapomnieli艣my go spakowa膰, ale od jednego w Internecie. To nie smakowa艂o tak dobrze, jak Joan. Mo偶e dlatego, 偶e musia艂em zast膮pi膰 pecante pimiento przypraw膮 dla papryki lub fakt, 偶e zapomnia艂em doda膰 kwa艣n膮 艣mietan臋. W ka偶dym razie by艂o to jad艂o, ale nic nie powtarza艂bym. Ta kuchnia jest dla mnie nowo艣ci膮.