Yes, what a beautiful day! I woke up at 8:00 while Joan continued sleeping, got dressed, took my camera and walked down to the beach to photograph the sunrise. It was beautiful! On the way there I passed the open medical center and thought about going in but didn't.
After the sunrise, I stopped at the only opened cafe for a coffee and went to the medical center to see a doctor about a prescription for high cholesterol. I had no idea how it would go. Much to my joy, it was extremely easy. The receptionist spoke no English so our conversation was in Spanish. She asked for my card, I thought she meant ID card and gave her mine but she meant my insurance card. I gave her the European Blue Card. She filled out the papers, copied the card, asked for my address in Santiago and phone number, then told me to go down the hall to room #1. I sat there for 5 minutes, then was called in by the female doctor who only spoke Spanish. I told her my problem of not bringing my cholesterol medicine to Spain, she looked it up on the internet and wrote out a prescription for 3 months. All together it took about 10 minutes.I thanked her very much, thanked the receptionist, went to the local pharmacy and now have the needed medicine.
Back home, Joan was awake and I helped her get dressed. 10 minutes later Jim arrived with a light-weight wheel chair and took back the walker. We have it to use until we leave...for free.
I made oatmeal and toast for breakfast,helped Joan into the wheel chair and we went for a walk on the beach boardwalk. About an hour later we went to the cafe that has the best coffee, then later to see Enrique to make an appointment for a beard and haircut. We got there just as he was closing for siesta and made the meeting for next Tuesday at 11:30.
Now Joan is sitting next to meet watching "Grace and Frankie" from our external drive connected to the large TV screen. Thank God I finally found the drive hidden away in my computer bag. In a few hours we will be going to meet the International Language Club in Los Alcozares at 19:00. Dinner tonight will be Chinese.
Jaki pi臋kny dzie艅! Obudzi艂em si臋 o 8:00, podczas gdy Joan dalej spa艂a, ubra艂em si臋, wzi膮艂em aparat i poszed艂em na pla偶臋, aby sfotografowa膰 wsch贸d s艂o艅ca. To by艂o pi臋kne! Po drodze mija艂em otwarte centrum medyczne i my艣la艂em o wej艣ciu, ale nie zrobi艂em tego.
Po wschodzie s艂o艅ca zatrzyma艂em si臋 w jedynej otwartej kawiarni na kaw臋 i uda艂em si臋 do centrum medycznego, aby zobaczy膰 si臋 z lekarzem w celu wypisania recepty na wysoki poziom cholesterolu. Nie mia艂em poj臋cia, jak to p贸jdzie. Ku mojej rado艣ci by艂o to niezwykle 艂atwe. Recepcjonistka nie m贸wi艂a po angielsku, wi臋c nasza rozmowa by艂a po hiszpa艅sku. Poprosi艂a o moj膮 kart臋, my艣la艂em, 偶e chodzi艂o o dow贸d osobisty i da艂em jej sw贸j, ale mia艂a na my艣li moj膮 kart臋 ubezpieczeniow膮. Da艂em jej niebiesk膮 kart臋 EKUZ. Wype艂ni艂a papiery, skopiowa艂a kart臋, poprosi艂a o m贸j adres w Santiago i numer telefonu, a potem kaza艂a mi zej艣膰 korytarzem do pokoju nr 1. Siedzia艂em tam przez 5 minut, po czym zosta艂em wezwany przez lekark臋, kt贸ra m贸wi艂a tylko po hiszpa艅sku. Powiedzia艂em jej o moim problemie, o tym, 偶e nie zabra艂em do Hiszpanii leku na cholesterol, ona poszuka艂a go w Internecie i wypisa艂a recept臋 na 3 miesi膮ce. Wszystko razem zaj臋艂o oko艂o 10 minut. Podzi臋kowa艂em jej bardzo, podzi臋kowa艂em recepcjonistce, poszed艂em do lokalnej apteki i mam teraz potrzebne lekarstwo.
Kiedy wr贸ci艂em do domu, Joan ju偶 si臋 obudzi艂a, a ja pomog艂em jej si臋 ubra膰. 10 minut p贸藕niej Jim przyby艂 z lekkim w贸zkiem inwalidzkim i zabra艂 chodzik. Mamy go, dop贸ki nie wyjdziemy ... za darmo.
Na 艣niadanie zrobi艂em owsiank臋 i tosty, pomog艂em Joan usi膮艣膰 na w贸zku inwalidzkim i poszli艣my na spacer po nadmorskiej promenadzie. Oko艂o godziny p贸藕niej udali艣my si臋 do kawiarni, w kt贸rej jest najlepsza kawa, a p贸藕niej do Enrique, aby um贸wi膰 si臋 na strzy偶enie i golenie. Dotarli艣my tam, kiedy zamyka艂 zak艂ad na sjest臋 i um贸wi艂 mnie na w przysz艂y wtorek o 11:30.
Teraz Joan siedzi obok i ogl膮da "Grace i Frankie" z zewn臋trznego dysku pod艂膮czonego do du偶ego ekranu telewizora. Dzi臋ki Bogu, w ko艅cu znalaz艂em dysk schowany w mojej torbie na laptop. Za kilka godzin, o 19:00p贸jdziemy, aby si臋 spotka膰 w International Language Club w Los Alcozares. Dzisiaj na kolacj臋 b臋dzie chi艅szczyzna.