Wednesday, January 09, 2019

A new day

A rather sleepless night for me, worried Joan might try to get out of bed or roll out of bed but it was fine. Today she seems better, just the trouble walking and with low energy.

It's another gray, rainy day and time to make the shopping list for tomorrows food shopping. It's a new task for me, to make out the menu for next week. I guess it's time to revisit my cooking skills of years ago when I lived alone in the forest. However, now the food has to be good or Joan will tell me :-) Some of the things I made back then were not so tasty.

Yesterday I was terrified most of the day with what the future holds in store for us, today I am not.

To była dla mnie raczej nieprzespana noc, martwiłem się, że Joan może próbować wstać z łóżka albo z niego wyjść, ale było dobrze. Dziś wydaje się, że jest w lepszej formie mimo słabej energii, tylko ma kłopoty z chodzeniem.

To kolejny szary, deszczowy dzień i czas na zrobienie listy na jutrzejsze zakupy. To dla mnie nowe zadanie, aby sporządzić menu na następny tydzień. Sądzę, że nadszedł czas, aby ponownie zapoznać się z moimi umiejętnościami gotowania sprzed lat, gdy mieszkałem samotnie w lesie. Jednak teraz jedzenie musi być dobre, a Joan mi powie :-) Niektóre z tych rzeczy, które wtedy robiłem, nie były takie smaczne.

Wczoraj przez większość dnia bałem się tego, co czeka nas w przyszłości, dziś już nie.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:22 PM

    Sorry about your situation. Went through something similar and survived (after 7 years). I'm not going to give you advice based on my experiences but I will tell you seek as much information possible about dealing with dementia cases. Do your research and get expert input. I will pass on to you a saying I was told: "if you seen one dementia case, you've seen one dementia case." Regression rates vary widely. But knowledge is power and will help you tremendously. Best wishes to you and glad your fear level subsided.

    ReplyDelete