Sunday, January 27, 2019

Sunday morning.

Another early morning searching for someone to talk with in Spanish but to no avail. I guess Sunday is sleep-in day.

At home I made breakfast of musli and toast for Joan, then helped her into the wheel chair for a stroll to the good coffee cafe. When we were done drinking a cup we sat on a bench on the boardwalk and people watched with the sun shining upon us.

As it happened, there was a Spanish lady talking in English to an English man about health insurance in Spain as a permanent resident. She seemed to know a lot about it, pointing out the differences between public and private health care to him, and what documents were needed to obtain it. They talked for about 45 minutes and when they got up to leave I asked if she could answer a few questions for me. She gave me her business card, said to call her and we could meet for coffee another time. Also she said first to send her an email with my questions and the type of documents I had in my possession already so she could be better prepared to answer my questions. I did that when we returned home.

Tomorrow I have an 11:30 appointment with Enrique, the barber, to have my beard and hair cut. I will take Joan with me.

Kolejny poranek szukający kogoś, z kim można porozmawiać po hiszpańsku, ale bezskutecznie. Przypuszczam, że niedziela to sen.

W domu zrobiłem śniadanie z musli i tostów dla Joan, a potem pomogłem jej na wózku inwalidzkim na spacer do dobrej kawiarni. Kiedy skończyliśmy pić filiżankę, usiedliśmy na ławce na deptaku i ludzie patrzyli, jak słońce świeci na nas.

Tak się złożyło, że hiszpańska kobieta rozmawiała po angielsku z Anglikiem o ubezpieczeniu zdrowotnym w Hiszpanii jako mieszkaniec stały. Wydawało się, że dużo o tym wie, wskazując na różnice między publiczną i prywatną opieką zdrowotną dla niego i jakie dokumenty były potrzebne, aby go uzyskać. Rozmawiali przez około 45 minut i kiedy wstali, by wyjść, zapytałem, czy mogłaby mi odpowiedzieć na kilka pytań. Dała mi swoją wizytówkę, powiedziała, żeby do niej zadzwonić, a my moglibyśmy spotkać się po raz kolejny na kawę. Powiedziała też, że najpierw wysłała jej e-mail z moimi pytaniami i typem dokumentów, które już posiadałem, aby mogła lepiej przygotować się do odpowiedzi na moje pytania. Zrobiłem to, kiedy wróciliśmy do domu.

Jutro mam wizytę 11:30 z Enrique'em, fryzjerem, który ma na sobie brodę i włosy. Zabiorę ze sobą Joan.


No comments:

Post a Comment