Thursday, January 17, 2019

Busy

A busy day today. It started out showing Joan some new pictures of her daughter and grandson on their skiing trip to Colorado. Next it was time to make the food shopping list for our last 4 days before we leave. Then I had to answer 2 emails from friends in Spain who offered any help they could when we arrive next week.  Next I had to arrange the bank transfers to automatically pay the bills here while we were gone. After that I went to the apteka to get Joan's prescriptions only to find out that one medicine was no longer produced in 10mg. form, just in 5 mg. I thought I would have to go back to the doctor for a new script but the pharmacist said it was not necessary, she would have another box of 5mg. for me tomorrow but I should tell the doctor about the change. I would think the doctor should have been notified by the manufacturer.

The next task was to count out all the pills of each medicine to be sure we have enough for our long stay. That took a while to do and I checked twice to be sure it was correct. I still have to print out our boarding passes although I could just use the app. on my phone. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I like the security of having the boarding pass on paper in my hand. 

Now I need to start a list of what to take with us so I don't forget something

Pracowity dzień dzisiaj. Zaczęło się od pokazania Joan nowych zdjęć jej córki i wnuka podczas ich wycieczki narciarskiej do Kolorado. Następnie nadszedł czas, aby zrobić listę zakupów żywności na nasze ostatnie 4 dni przed wyjazdem. Potem musiałem odpowiedzieć na 2 e-maile od znajomych z Hiszpanii, którzy zaoferowali mi pomoc, kiedy dotrzemy tam w przyszłym tygodniu. Następnie musiałem zorganizować przelewy bankowe, aby automatycznie płacić rachunki, kiedy nas nie będzie. Potem poszedłem do apteki, aby uzyskać leki na receptę dla Joan ale tylko po to, aby dowiedzieć się, że jeden lek nie jest już produkowany w postaci 10 mg, tylko 5 mg. Myślałem, że będę musiał wrócić do lekarza po nową receptę, ale farmaceutka powiedziała, że to nie jest konieczne, ona jutro będzie dla mnie miała pudełko po 5 mg, ale powinienem powiedzieć lekarzowi o zmianie. Sądzę, że lekarz powinien zostać powiadomiony przez producenta.

Następnym zadaniem było zliczenie wszystkich tabletek każdego leku, aby mieć pewność, że mamy wystarczającą ilość na nasz długi pobyt. Trochę to zajęło ale sprawdziłem dwa razy, aby upewnić się, że wszystko jest w porządku. Nadal muszę wydrukować nasze karty pokładowe, chociaż mogłem po prostu skorzystać z aplikacji na moim telefonie. Może jestem po prostu staroświecki, ale podoba mi się bezpieczeństwo posiadania karty pokładowej na papierze w ręku.

Teraz muszę rozpocząć listę tego, co zabrać ze sobą, żeby czegoś nie zapomnieć.

No comments:

Post a Comment