Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Taxes

Last year the U.S. Embassy sent two people to the Consulate to Poznań here for consultation in paying our U.S. taxes. Last year I was able to do it without help from them so I didn't make an appointment for time with them. This year is a little different so I spoke with the Consulate and told her I wanted an appointment this year and she said she would call the Embassy. A week or so later they called and said I had an appointment for April 27th at 3:20PM. I prepared all of our papers, forms, statements and was ready for the meeting today so at 3PM we drove to the Consulate.

Now take a guess what happened! We arrived to find a locked door with no one there. I called the Embassy in Warsaw to find out where they were and was then informed the meeting was set to take place in Warsaw, not Poznań. No one mentioned that fact to me before so I was less than thrilled to hear the news. Obvioiusly, we couldn't drive to Warsaw in 20 minutes so we will file our taxes with the forms we have and pray that they are correct. Last year I was sure they were but this year I am not.

W zeszłym roku ambasada USA wysłał dwóch ludzi do konsulatu w Poznaniu o konsultacji ze spłatą naszych amerykańskich podatków. W ubiegłym roku udało mi się zrobić bez pomocy od nich więc nie umówić się na spotkanie z nimi na czas. W tym roku jest nieco inna więc rozmawiałem z konsulatem i powiedział jej, że chciał się na spotkanie w tym roku i ona powiedziała, że zaproszenie Ambasady. Tygodniu lub tak później zadzwonił i powiedział miałem spotkanie w kwietniu 27 o 15:20. I przygotowaliśmy wszystkie nasze dokumenty, formularze, oświadczenia i był gotowy na spotkanie dzisiaj przy 3PM tak pojechaliśmy do Konsulatu.

Teraz podjąć odgadnąć, co się stało! Przyjechaliśmy znaleźć zamknięte drzwi z nikogo. Zadzwoniłem do ambasady w Warszawie, gdzie byli, a następnie został poinformowany spotkania ustalono odbędzie się w Warszawie, nie Poznań. Nikt nie wspomniał o tym fakcie do mnie przed tak było mniej niż zadowoleni, aby usłyszeć wiadomości. Obvioiusly, nie możemy jazdy do Warszawy w 20 minut, tak abyśmy plików z naszych podatków mamy formy i modlić się, że są one prawidłowe. W zeszłym roku byłem pewien, że były, ale w tym roku nie jestem.

No comments:

Post a Comment