Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Piekarczyk's!!!!

Władysław Piekarczyk, father of Włodzimierz and son of Franciszek Piekarczyk



Finally I have met relatives from my Piekarczyk side of the my family, my father's side.  Last night they arrived at our flat and with the help of our friend Zbyszek I was able to talk with them.  1 week ago I was contacted by Włodzimierz Piekarczk and his wife, Anna, by email.  He said he was a cousin, connected to me because his grandfather, Franciszek, was a brother of my grandfather, Tomasz.  Our common great grandfather and mother were Piotr and Maryanna Piekarczyk. To verify it he also sent me another picture of Piotr that I had never seen before. For me this was great news, to have contact finally from a Piekarczyk but there was more interesting news to follow.

His wife Anna said they had been down in the area where my grandparents lived before they went to America.  They were searching for relatives themselves and thought the trip would be the best way to search.  What they found out was that when my grandparents left to America they left behind four pieces of property and did nothing to maintain them.  Years ago the local government went to court to acquire the rights to those properties stating the owners could not be found and there were no relatives of them.  They didn't know anything about what happened to my grandparents other than they had gone to America so they knew nothing about descendents.

My "new" cousins had searched the archives for that area and found the deeds for the property with my grandfather and grandmothers names on them.  They thought that it  might be possible to recover those properties now that there was proof of a descendent and asked me if I was interested in that.  I told them them the most important thing for me was meeting relatives but the property might also be interesting and that I would see what, if any, possibility there was to recover those properties.  It seems unlikely but it is something I am not sure of so I can look into it.

We talked for about an hour about the properties and because it was late they went to a hotel and I agreed to meet with them this morning and continue our discussion, this time without Zbyszek.

I met them at their hotel and we sat and talked for three hours about family connections.  Włodek showed me pictures of older relatives I didn't know.  This meeting was mainly about family histories and I was able, somewhat, to talk without the help of Zbyszek.  After the three hours it was time to go and they invited Joan and I to Elbląg where they live, in the north of Poland.  We also agreed to make a trip together in the Spring down to the area of our family and continue our search for relatives.

For me it was a great experience.  Both of them were extremely sincere, friendly, upbeat and enthusiastic about finally finding a new relative and I left them looking forward to our next meeting.

W końcu spotkali się krewni z mojej strony Piekarczyk z mojej rodziny, mojego ojca. Wczoraj w nocy dotarli do naszego mieszkania i przy pomocy naszego przyjaciela Zbyszka udało mi się porozmawiać z nimi. 1 tydzień temu skontaktował się Włodzimierz Piekarczk i jego żona, Anna, przez e-mail. Powiedział, że był kuzynem, podłączony do mnie, bo jego dziadek, Franciszek, był brat mojego dziadka, Tomasz. Nasz wspólny dziadek i matka byli Piotr i Maryanna Piekarczyk. Aby sprawdzić, czy to on wysłał mnie również inny obraz Piotra, że ​​nigdy wcześniej nie widziałem. Dla mnie to było wielkie wydarzenie, do kontaktowania się w końcu z Piekarczyk ale nie było bardziej interesujące nowości do naśladowania.

Jego żona, Anna zadeklarowało, iż w obszarze, gdzie moi dziadkowie mieszkali przed udali się do Ameryki. Szukali krewnych się i pomyślałem, że podróż będzie najlepszym sposobem wyszukiwania. Co odkryli, że gdy dziadkowie zostawili do Ameryki pozostawili cztery części majątku i nie zrobił nic, aby je utrzymać. Lat temu samorząd poszedł do sądu w celu nabycia prawa do tych nieruchomości z podaniem właścicieli nie udało się znaleźć i nie było krewnych z nich. Nie wiedzieli nic o tym, co się stało z moim dziadkowie innych niż oni poszli do Ameryki, więc nic nie wiedział o potomków.

Moje "nowych" kuzynów przeszukał archiwa dla tego obszaru i znaleźć czyny dla nieruchomości z dziadkiem i nazwy babcie na nich. Myśleli, że to może być możliwe odzyskanie tych nieruchomości teraz, że istnieje dowód potomka i zapytał mnie, czy jestem zainteresowany w tym. Powiedziałem im, ich najważniejszą rzeczą dla mnie było spotkanie krewnych, ale własność może być równie interesujące i że zobaczę co, jeśli w ogóle, istnieje możliwość odzyskania tych nieruchomości. Wydaje się mało prawdopodobne, ale jest coś nie jestem pewien, więc mogę na nią patrzeć.

Rozmawialiśmy przez około godzinę na temat właściwości i ponieważ było już późno poszli do hotelu i zgodziłem się na spotkanie z nimi rano i kontynuować naszą dyskusję, tym razem bez Zbyszka.Poznałem ich w ich hotelu i siedzieliśmy i rozmawialiśmy przez trzy godziny o powiązania rodzinne.

Włodek pokazał mi zdjęcia starszych krewnych nie wiem. Spotkanie to było głównie o historii rodziny i byłem w stanie, nieco, rozmawiać bez pomocy Zbyszek. Po trzech godzin to czas, aby pójść i zaprosił Joan i ja do Elbląga, gdzie mieszkają, na północy Polska. Zgodziliśmy się na rejs razem wiosną w dół do obszaru naszej rodziny i kontynuować nasze poszukiwania krewnych.
Dla mnie było to wspaniałe doświadczenie. Oboje byli niezwykle szczery, przyjacielski, optymistyczne i entuzjastycznie ostatecznie znalezieniu nowego względne i odszedłem od nich doczekać następnego spotkania.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - sounds like a great meeting and interesting possibilities concerning the property! Keep us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn3:29 PM

    HI...
    I am so excited for you! Isn't is just wonderful when you make new discoveries about your family! Great News.
    Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Enjoy this special time with your family!
    BIG POLISH CHRISTMAS HUGS,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete