Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Same question.


Still the same question from native Poles that we know..........why are you living in Poland when you could live in the U.S? I've answered that question more than any others we have gotten over the four years we've been here and to the same people but they still can't understand it and I'm not answering it anymore.

Finally a little sun today, not for long, but at least a little.  We met with Z for the traditional Kandulski's meeting on Wednesday. Tomorrow I have to go for my quarterly checkup and then food shopping in the afternoon.

Joan made a new lentil soup today for dinner that was really excellent.

Wciąż to samo pytanie od rdzennych Polaków, że wiemy .......... dlaczego mieszkasz w Polska, kiedy można było mieszkać w USA? I już odpowiedział na to pytanie bardziej niż jakiekolwiek inne dostaliśmy w ciągu czterech lat byliśmy tutaj i do tych samych ludzi, ale nadal nie rozumiem i nie mam odpowiedzi na to już.

Wreszcie trochę słońca dzisiaj, nie na długo, ale przynajmniej trochę. Spotkaliśmy się z Z na tradycyjne spotkanie Kandulski w środę. Jutro muszę iść do mojego kwartalnych sprawdzanie i zakupami żywności po południu.

5 comments:

  1. I can't move due to being responsible for my disabled daughter, but after a couple of friends visited Croatia they told me, "We finally get why you like Europe."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:24 AM

    Poles ask you this question because they simply want to know what you like in/about Poland. That's all.

    This question is not really about you and your personal motives and reasons, it is more about Poland as a country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrong!! It is about my personal motives and reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to add a few words about this topic. In my opinion the reason why Polish people are asking you why you are here if you could leave in U.S., because they still think about U.S. as an “american dream”. Most of them have never been there, and they create there opinion about U.S. according to the movies, what someone say or another sources. I am not saying that U.S. is a country where you can not be happy, because of course you can. I know that many people who leaves over there, for them there is their home and they can not leave anywhere else. The most important thing in life is to find place where you will be feel good and you will be happy. In Poland we have many things form which we can be proud of, e.g. health food, culture, environment. Here will be good sentence “Cudze cenicie, swojego nie znacie”.
    I am glad that foreign people see in Poland there home:)
    Wszystkiego najlepszego:)

    ReplyDelete