Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 29-Plitwicie


Unfortunately I have been offline due to lack of internet connection at our stay in Plitwicie. The house we stayed in was very nice but without WiFi I was disappointed.

We left Zagreb at 10AM for our trip to the Park and it took us about 5 hours. We travelled through some very beautiful rolling hill country and saw some very interesting landscapes.  GPS couldn't seem to find the place but luckily the owner came in the morning and took us to where the car was.  We had a quick breakfast in a bakery, exchanged American money for Croation, set the GPS for our next destination and we were on our way by 10AM. We chose the fast route out of Zagreb and then other roads to Plitwicie.  Our friends were amazed at the beauty of the country, the quaintness of all the little towns or villages we travelled through and, in general, were very happy to be here.

I was the lead car since I had the GPS and drove like we normally do in Europe. More than a few times they commented I drove too fast but that's just the way we drive. I always kept track to them in my rear view mirror so I wouldn't lost them and slowed down for them to catch up.

We got into the national park about 3PM and used GPS to find the house we were to stay in but the GPS couldn't get it right so I had to stop in the village were the house was, show the paper with the address on it and a nice man called to the owner, told him we were there, then gave the phone to me. The owner spoke in English, told me how to redirect myself to his house and he would be waiting in the front yard.  We found the place with no problem, met the owner and moved our suitcases into the rooms we would occupy until May 2nd,

The house is nice, rooms big enough but no internet. That is not a good thing for me or you because I can't easily, or at all, post to my blog.  The only was around it was to go to the local restaurant where they have internet and post from there.

Tomorrow will actually be our first day exploring the park and waterfalls but it's going to be a great.

No comments:

Post a Comment